Chapter Twenty-Nine: FOR HER

Zacchary

It was mid January when one tragic event happened. I woke up at three in the morning because of Chances' sobs. She was in pain.

"Babe, what's wrong?"I asked in panic.

"Zacc... ang sakit ng puson ko."umiiyak na sumbong niya na nagpataranta sa'kin.

"I'll—Uh... I'll take you to the hospital."I exclaimed and immediately carried her towards the car.

I also noticed she's bleeding kaya lalo akong natakot. What the hell is going on with my wife? In just a few minutes, Chances was already inside the emergency room.

"Zacc! Ano'ng nangyari?"nag-aalalang tanong ni Mirana na naka-pajamang dumating sa hospital.

"Hindi ko alam! Hindi ko alam."natatarantang sagot ko.

"Zacchary, listen to me. Look at me!"she demanded while she squeezed my hand. "She's going to be fine."

"She has to be fine."naluluhang sambit ko sa sobrang takot at pag-aalala. "Hindi ko alam kung anong mangyayari sa buhay kung may masamang mangyari sa kanya."

After a few minutes, the doctor came out. Agad akong lumapit para kumustahin ang kalagayan ng asawa ko.

"Mr. Harrison, we're still conducting a few examinations. For now, we just let her take pain-reliever first. There can only be two things we'll need to anticipate though. Your wife could be pregnant and is going to have a risky pregnancy or a hormonal imbalance which can cause her infertility if you haven't taken her here. Good thing you did."he announced making me clenched my fists. "Your wife cannot recall any consultation she's gone through before but was honest to tell us she has abdominal pain since pre-puberty period."

"Do everything you can to make her well."

"We will, Mr. Harrison. Pwede na kayong pumasok. In a few hours, the results will be ready too. Babalikan ko kayo. I'll just make a round."

"Thanks doc."Mirana muttered while I made way towards the room where Chances was in.

"Babe."tawag ko matapos siyang yakapin. "How are you feeling?" Sa halip na sumagot ay umiyak siya. "Are you still in pain? Baby, talk to me."

"No."she replied as she shook her head. "Sorry kung napag-alala kita."

"Stop that, I'm okay."sagot ko. Sinubukan kong ngumiti para maalis ang lungkot sa mga mara niya. "Ang sabi ng doctor... you might be pregnant."excited na kwento ko.

"I don't think so, Zacc."she answered. "Malabong mabuntis ako e. I've been suffering this pain for how many years. Akala ko normal na dysmenorrhea lang."

"Hey, don't be so negative. We'll wait for the results. Gagawin natin lahat para hindi mo na ulit maramdaman 'yong sakit. Pangako 'yan, mahal ko."

"Ayaw ko dito Zacc. Gusto ko ng umuwi."

"Babe, please. Magpagaling ka na muna. Kung gusto mo, kukunin ko si lola mamaya."

"No. Ayaw kong mag-alala siya."lumuluhang sagot niya. "Zacc, sorry."

"Chanchan, stop it. I told you, I don't want to hear any of your sorry's. I don't want them okay? I need you to be well. I'm always here, babe."

The results came out at the end of the day. Chances was right. The experiences she has for years aren't just dysmenorrhea. She has Endometriosis and has to undergo a surgery immediately. I checked the money left on my personal account which wasn't included in the accounts that my parents have frozen. It's enough to pay for the surgery but not for everything that we'd need in the hospital. In the end, I decided to sell the shop.