Prologue

Art created by Flying Pings, they have a youtube channel and an account on deviant art.

There were a click and a slight scratching sound as Shikamaru Nara lit his lighter, his back pressed up against an old burnt tree in what used to be the Nara clan forest, there wasn't much left now. He sighed as he took a drag from the now lit cigarette. Ino and Sakura would probably put him in a full body cast if they saw how much he smoked now.

Shikamaru chuckled at the memories that he once thought were too troublesome or were such a drag, but now he would do anything just to spend time with those troublesome friends again.

A slit breeze ran through the air he looked at the cloudy sky, he could never really tell if it was going to rain or not anymore, it seemed to always be cloudy and depressing know days.

Crunch

The burnt grass and leaves sounded giving away whoever or whatever was coming from his left.

There stood a woman with an orange and blue dress, her skin was pale like Orochimaru's, she wore what he thought was a mask (for all he knew that could have been her actual face, he has seen some fucked up shit as a ninja, remember Kisame? Yeah, w...

There stood a woman with an orange and blue dress, her skin was pale like Orochimaru's, she wore what he thought was a mask (for all he knew that could have been her actual face, he has seen some fucked up shit as a ninja, remember Kisame? Yeah, walking sushi...) and had wavy black hair. Her dress and Mask(or face) both had the same cat face theme them.

"Troublesome... who are you?" Shikamaru's free hand that didn't hold a cigarette slowly inched towards his kunai pouch.

"I am Chaaya, I am the demon of shadows, long ago I was the one to bring the Nara clan into existence and give you your Kekkei Genkai," she spoke cheerfully, it was sort of nice to see such energy and delightfulness from someone in this disgusting and dead environment... refreshing almost, "I am here to make you an offer, for my own amusement of course."

Shikamaru glared at the suspiciously at the strange women but his glare soon left as he relaxed against the tree... what's the point? This is all such a drag if she ended up just getting him killed then whatever, "Okay, I accept this offer."

"HUH?!" She said shocked, "Don't you what to know what the offer is?" I couldn't really tell if she was surprised or amused anymore considering her face didn't change, I decided that that was probably her face since it blinked a couple of times... I think?

I don't even know anymore.

"It doesn't really matter you, troublesome women, look around do you see anything else to do besides train and smoke my life away, not to mention thinking about the pros and cons of your offer if I knew what it was would be too troublesome." She sighed, "Fine then," she turned away, "If that's how you're gonna be I guess your gonna half to ask questions once you figure out where I am, I would have told you where I would be hiding but since you decided to be stubborn..." everything went black.

—🦌—

Once I regained consciousness I tried to open my eyes, The hell? I thought, what a drag, I can't seem to open my eyes. For days I was just sitting there bored, well, I think it was days, could have been for a couple of hours can't really tell time when you're floating in the void... I honestly don't know where I am, but I think it's the void.

Troublesome