Chapter 14

-Shika's POV-

Deep in the Nara forest, I sat, I was currently meditating with Chaaya whose eyes were closed as well, I guess the question if that was her actual face or not has been answered.

Meditating helped expand chakra but according to Chaaya it made it easier to control her power, shadows are calm dark beings, you need to be in control of your emotions or they will control you.

Yesterday in training Danzo mentioned thinking this was probably a lost Kekkei Genkai within my clan that the Jutsu was based on, that wasn't true but I went with it we are a very ancient clan after all and nobody even remembered that the jutsu came from a demon so this would probably be the easiest way of getting away with the shadow thing, maybe I can play the mark on my back off as a side effect of the Kekkei Genkai because wearing a coat and scarf while training with Danzo is getting annoying.

"Stop getting distracted Shikamaru, clear your mind." I huffed, meditating seemed easy but it was so hard when there was so much to think about, "Someone's here." Chaaya sounded as she disappeared, the bushes then rustled and out came a deer, but I was still cautious.

"Hey girl, what you got there?" the deer dropped a letter into my hand and ran off, I could sense another though. Opening the letter I read the note, I already knew it was from Naruto since he was the only one that knew to contact me like this.

Shikamaru,

Danzo and 3 ANBU are trying to look for you to drag you back to training, the three ANBU are a weasel, dog, and some type of bird.

Thought you'd want to know,

Naruto.

Then one of the ANBU followed Naruto when he gave the deer the letter, that's probably who the other person I can sense is. I have a pretty good idea who the dog and weasel ANBU is but the other one...

The leaves of the tree rustled and I quickly turned around to see Kakashi behind me, "Come on kid." I smirked, "How about we don't, I don't like Danzo so I'd rather be late and piss him off." Kakashi seemed so done with everyone's shit today, wonder what happened, "Listen, kid, today hasn't been a good day for me, lost my Icha Icha book and they were out at the bookstore, I have to wait a WEEK until the new ones come in, then I got picked by Danzo to help out with your sorry ass and working with him is NOT fun." Oh, so that's what's wrong.

"Here, what was Danzo's orders." he thought for a second, "To find you." I smirked, "Well, you found me and he never said you had to take me back to him." he laughed, "You're right, can't argue with that logic." he ran off probably to tell Danzo that he found me.

I left the spot and started walking towards the training area where Danzo wanted to meet, maybe I'll stop for some food, training with Chaaya made me a little hungry.

-Time Skip-

It took a bit but after eating and a couple of detours along the way I finally made it to the training ground, waiting ten more minutes just sitting and meditating I felt the 4 chakras, "Hey Danzo, your kind of late, I got here before you." I pointed out, Kakashi was shaking slightly trying not to laugh, the Weasel (who I decided was probably Itachi) facepalmed and the bird just looked slightly shocked and tensed at the look on Danzo's face.

"Shikamaru, I want 20 laps around the village at top speed without the weights, NOW!!!" he yelled angered, I rubbed the back of my head, "Okay, no need to yell old man." I said picking at my ear I flopped back on my back, "Why the hell, are you not running." he growled, I smirked, "Just give me a second..." I could practically hear Kakashi dying.

A dark smirk replaced the calculated glare on his face, "I think I know what'll motivate you," he turned to the laughing Kakashi who straightened up coughing slightly, "Use those dog summons you trained to "motivate" Shikamaru." Kakashi wasn't having a great day, at first, it wasn't good, not to mention how he found out that he had to work for Danzo today but then this kid comes along and everything's just funnier, he's probably the only one that thinks that though.

He was happy to watch the child run away from dogs trying to take a bite out of him, it was funny.

That is exactly why I got up and disappeared the instant he saw Kakashi's hands move into the signs for a summoning.

God dammit Kakashi, what did I ever do to you but make you laugh. I decided I wouldn't run around the village but head towards the shopping center to get some food to bribe the dogs but also slow them down with all the people around to spread my sent.

It was easy and after I spread my sent and hid in the crowd it made it easier to buy a bunch of steak with the money I stole from some random guy that walked by me, he was probably just got back from a mission considering how much I was able to take, maybe a B-rank? Could have been an expensive c-rank.

Before my thoughts could get the best of me I saw the dogs and I think they saw me, leading them to an alleyway I stopped, "Look, how about I give each of you guys a steak," I held up the large steaks that were already cooked when I bought them, "and we leave each other alone. It's a win-win, you get large freshly made steaks, which by the way the store owner said he was marinating these once for a good 3 or 4 days, the people there said they were really good and has lots of flavor to it."

I could tell that the dogs could smell it from there, they were drooling so much there was a puddle in front of them.

"Deal or no deal." Pakkun turned around looking at the other dogs who all nodded in agreement. After I threw a steak for each of them I left back to the training ground, they were there, the three sparring and practicing and Danzo sitting and... I honestly don't know, maybe he's meditating!

They still haven't noticed my presence, so I sat behind a tree and grabbed a stake I got for myself and started to eat it, it was actually pretty good. Halfway thru the steak, I heard an angered yell from Danzo, "YOU LET HIM GET AWAY!!!" looking around the tree I see him turn towards Kakashi, "I blame you! If you trained your ninken correctly then this wouldn't have happened!" Kakashi looked slightly deflated while Itachi just patted his back attempting to comfort him.

"Sir, I can locate him with my byakugan." Danzo nodded at him, "Glad to know that SOMEONE is useful, what are you waiting for Hawk, where is he?" the ANBU was speechless for a second, "I... he's right over there, laughing at us."

I peaked my head out from behind the tree, "You guys need something?" there was a good hour left before I had to go home, and I found it REALLY fun to piss of Danzo which is the only reason why I show up.

You're going to get yourself killed one of these days.

And?

I'm so fucking done with your shit.

You love me so shut up.

She was quiet and Danzo looked like he was this close to exploding.

"Just go home, I'm too old for this, be back tomorrow and I'll have a couple of people here to train you." I frowned, "How boring." this was literally the only entertainment I had.

You are crazy.

I lost my sanity during the war.

Yeah, yeah, I can see that. You are going to get yourself killed one of these days.

Probably, but not before I get rid of TOM.

So that's what we're calling him now?

Yep.