Chapter 22

The pic above is the layout of th tree house (might change).

It has been an entire year, Naruto and I were now both still 4 but will be turning 5 this year. This was also the year that Itachi would become a Chunin at some point but I didn't really care, the only thing that matters right now is what's going to happen in a year. Naruto and I sat at the round table we had close to the "door", it was mostly a hole in the wall covered by a branch and leaves that we could lift up with a rolled up ladder next to it, that door was only to be used if someone was to bid to come through the actual entrance. Naruto and I have only thought what we were gonna do and still not how and we didn't know exactly how... Naruto slammed his hand on the table, "Why is this so hard?!"

"Because you need a brain in order to think of a plan." Naruto made a fist and hit me on the top of the head. I chuckled and got up, "How about we get out the Shogi board, we always get the best ideas while playing Shogi." So that's what we did, soon in the middle of the game Naruto spoke up, "I think we have to kill Fugaku sometime this year instead and soon, we want Itachi to become clan head as soon as possible." I nodded, "Remember Mizuiki and how he tried to get you to steal that scroll?" Naruto furrowed his eyebrows, "And?" I thought it over for a second, "What if we just blame Fugaku's death on him?"

Naruto grinned at me, "Yea, then there's one less teacher at the academy to mess with me and he won't try and betray Konoha in the future!" I nodded before getting a paper and writing out the plan.

Fugaku's Death

-A clone of Shikamaru will hang out with Mizuki with an excuse for playing shogi. (has to be somewhere that there aren't other witnesses)

-Drug Mizuki, relocate him back to his house. (This way no one can say where he's been except Shikamaru)

-Use one of Naruto's seals to collect some of Mizuki's chakra

-Naruto will go into the Uchiha compound as Mizuki and enter the clan heads house to speak with him. (What Naruto does then is his choice)

-Use the seal to leave traces of Mizuki's chakra with seal.

-Naruto will then leave the house and go to the Hokage office as himself and talk to him saying he saw Mizuki.

"What exactly would I tell the Hokage?" Naruto spoke looking over my shoulder at the plans, "Maybe go in panicked and then a bit about how to went to prank the Uchiha when you saw Mizuki leave the house covered in blood?"

Naruto shook his head, reaching over he took the brush and crossed some stuff out.

"How about..."

-Naruto leaves the house with Fugaku's body

-Put the body in Mizuki's house with eyes plucked out and put in a  jar

- Naruto goes to the Hokage and tells him he saw Mizuki leave the house with Fugaku's dead body.

Naruto smiles at me, "That's actually better, not to mention people will be pissed if they thought he was taking his eyes." I said nodding, "What if we scratched out and made it look like he was going to leave the village with them?"

We pulled the Shogi bored over again thinking the plan over a bit more and I moved a piece, "How are we supposed to get him alone, we obviously don't want people to see you ask him to play Shogi then they can say what he was doing too." I nodded, "Just leave that to me I'll figure something out, only thing is what am I going to use as an alibi if they ask me where I was if I wasn't with Mizuki?" Naruto made a move trying to stop me from winning in about 4 moves, not like he could though.

"Easy, just make a clone and have it go around town a bit, then go home and hang out with your mom or something." I nodded smiling, "I'll just have it hang out at the library then go home then." There was our plan. The only problem is if we should start it now or not and go with the original idea of waiting. "When will we do this?" I really didn't know, if we did it soon like around now then we can stop this sooner but if we wait the original year then we will have more excuses to be out, like training to do better in the academy or hanging out with new friends. Kami only knows how much my mother wished I had more of those... gross.

The only problem with waiting though is that we don't know when exactly they started thinking about the coup or when Danzo found out, we also didn't know when they started the idea of just killing off the Uchiha's and if the plan might have already been in motion and Itachi becoming the clan head wouldn't help, "I think we should do it sometime this year, maybe this month even..." Naruto spoke. I nodded going along with Naruto's idea.

Winning the game of shogi I move the curtain a bit to look outside, it was getting dark, "I think we should do it sometime this month and we should be going now." Naruto and I put away our stuff placing the planes in a file cabinet, I still don't get how we could buy all of this stuff and have nobody question us even a bit.