-18-

He looks down at me, grabs my waist, closes his eyes and hugs me. I hesitate at first but soon follow his lead. "You're a pain." I smile into his chest.

"I know I am and so are y-" Immense pain explodes throughout my body. I slowly turn my head to see the knife Hitoshi had in my back, all the way up to the handle. He smiles at me and says, "I told you if I can't have you then no one can."

~

I fall numbly into Kuro's arms and everything starts happening in slow motion. Kuro looks down at me in shock, then lays me down on the floor quickly but carefully. I groggily look over in the direction he went and I see his claws cut Hitoshi's head clean off. After a few seconds, Hitoshi turns into ash.

Kuro and Nanami run over to me, Kuro gets to me before Nanami since she doesn't have the all mighty inhuman speed. He lifts me up onto his lap by my shoulders. "I'm about to pull the knife out yo-"

"Just do it already K-Kuro," I hack up some blood. He nods and pulls it out on the count of three.

1...

2...

3...

"AH! SHIT!"

"Language (Y/n)," Nanami sadly chuckles.

"Oh s-shut it," I exclaim loudly. Or at least I try to but cough up blood in the process. "You k-know...I didn't...think I would...go out l-like this," I spit some blood that still bubbles in my throat.

"N-Nanami...you're the best sister I could've asked for-" I cough but continue where I left off. "E-even though y-you're...fucking annoying...I still love you." She brings her face closer to mine and kisses my cheek, the non-stop stream of tears down her face drip to mine.

I turn my head slightly to look up at Kuro but wince when I reach my moving limit. "K-Kuro..." I smile lovingly at him. "I love you..." My hand tries to bring itself to his face but drops before I can reach it. My senses start to quickly numb over and I can feel my body grow dull. I lay limper and still than I ever have in my life, that's finally coming to an end.

It's funny because I really never imagined it ending like this. Being stabbed by my former love, in the back, while I'm being cradled by my most recent. I can hear, but just barely, what's coming out of the two. Nanami's wailing and pleas. Kuro's attempts to stop the bleeding with a chorus of 'no's'.

Oh, goodbye cruel world...

You've been nothing, but a pain...

And now I'm free of it all...

Falling into the depths of peace and serenity that death can offer...