10. A Lot of Shit Happens at the Party

Tyler's nervous, glancing at himself in the mirror for what seems like the fiftieth time from behind the locked bedroom door. Josh insisted he wore a dress, which is something Tyler isn't totally confident in yet. It's long and loose-fitting, covering Tyler's smooth legs almost completely. The front hangs loosely around his chest so Tyler has to tie it extra tight behind his neck.

He thinks he looks pretty, and he knows Josh will too, but what will everyone else think? What is he going to say when everyone asks why he's wearing a dress? How's he going to respond to the whispers and the stares? Tyler gulps, licking his cherr...

He thinks he looks pretty, and he knows Josh will too, but what will everyone else think? What is he going to say when everyone asks why he's wearing a dress? How's he going to respond to the whispers and the stares? Tyler gulps, licking his cherry lips as he debates with himself. To go downstairs or not to go downstairs, that is the question.

God, Tyler. You'll be fine. Just go find Josh.

With a sharp inhale, Tyler unlocks the door. He trots downstairs quickly, the tiny heels on his flats clicking against the wood floor. Conversation is already buzzing and the moment Tyler sees the first stranger, he turns and bolts for the kitchen.

Nope, this will definitely not be fine.

"Tyler!" Debby gasps, hand clutched to her chest. "You scared me!"

"Help me please," Tyler whined, wimpy and pathetic. "I can't go out there. I can't."

"Why not, hon? You look gorgeous!" Debby smiles, handing him a glass of wine. "Just take this. Mr. Dun is greeting people at the front door if you're looking for him."

Tyler eyes the wine nervously, feeling Debby's eyes burning a hole into him. She's right, he looks great. If anybody stares at him, it will be because they're blown away by how well he can pull off a dress. Tyler's confidence is like a faulty switch, unpredictable and fluctuating.

"Okay," he says, finally. "Thank you."

He walks with his head down, eyes trained on his glass of wine as he makes his way over to Josh. The man gasps upon seeing him, lifting Tyler's hand to his lips in a gentle kiss.

"You look beautiful," Josh grins, pulling the brunette against him. His arm wraps around Tyler's waist, lightly squeezing his hip.

Tyler blushes a soft pink to match the flowers on his dress, licking his lips nervously as he feels everyone eyeing him curiously. They're probably thinking, "What on earth is Mr. Dun doing with that strange boy? How could he be into him?"

Jenna's head pops in through the doorway, her eyes immediately falling on Tyler. She gasps, then squeals, then pulls him in for a hug. "I knew that would look great on you! I knew it!"

"Thanks," Tyler smiles, taking a sip of wine. "You look amazing, too."

And she does. She's wearing a short, yellow dress and clunky yellow heels that compliment her tan skin and light hair nicely. Jenna winks, making a little clicking noise.