12.

Rave held my hand the entire way to Tate's lake house as we rode in the backseat of Andy's jeep. I couldn't stop smiling and every time I looked over at him, he was doing the same, his eyes always on me. Erin and Kyle are sitting in beside us, Erin practically sitting on his lap since and talking quietly to each other while Andy and Whit are sitting up front talking about a class they share. 

When we arrive at the lake house there are cars parked up and down the street, in the grass, and even in the neighbors lawn - luckily these are mostly vacation homes so the neighboring houses are empty at the moment. Andy finds a place to park on the street and we all climb out of the black jeep, Rave's hand immediately claiming mine again once we're walking towards the house. 

You could probably hear the music from down the street and the closer we got to the house, the more I could feel the thumping of the bass coming from the sound system in the front room. The party started about an hour ago and there are probably a hundred people scattered throughout the bottom floor of the house, all drinking and having fun. Rave leads me through the crowd as he follows Andy to the kitchen where the drinks are. Erin and Kyle have broken away from the group but Whitley has a hold of my other hand so that she doesn't get separated from us. 

I see a lot of tables set up where games of beer pong are taking place, and Andy is immediately grabbed by a guy named Tyler and enlisted in a game. "He's really good, everyone always wants him on their team." Rave leans down to explain as I watch Andy fist bump Tyler and grab a cup.

And then there were three. 

Whitley and I continue to follow Rave to the kitchen, where a few other people are hanging around the island, drinks in their hands. I recognize a couple of them from school and give them a friendly smile as we walk past. Each and every person in the room stares at my hand clasped in Rave's and I feel myself shrinking at the shocked look on their faces - like they can't believe he would be with me. 

Noticing the change in me almost immediately, Rave brings his other hand to my face and pushes my hair back behind my ear, his hand lingering even after he does so. "What's wrong?" 

My eyes dart to the kitchen island where everyone is now either looking at one another or down at their drinks, their eyes anywhere but on Rave and I. "Everyone is staring." 

At this, he smirks and a sparkle appears in his eyes as he stares down at me, not even throwing a glance at the other people in the room. "Want to give them something to stare at then?" He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me to him, his mouth meeting mine within seconds, and for the second time I'm kissing Rave Matthews. 

The second time is just as overwhelming and intoxicating at the first, and when I feel him smiling a laugh escapes me. I pull back bite my lip as I smile up at him, taking in his features one by one. When my eyes land on his smile, my heart flips in my chest and I still can't believe that this is all really happening. "I've been wanting to do that again ever since the first time." 

Before I can reply, the sound of heels clicking angrily against the tile floor fills the room. I know who it is before I turn around by the hostile feel that is now in the air. Everyone is silent, their eyes darting from me to the person who has now come to a halt right behind me. I see Rave's eyes lock with hers, he looks annoyed and I internally clap with joy at his reaction to seeing her.

"So it's true?" She somehow sounds bored but angry at the same time. There's a bite to her words, but her tone is flat. When I finally turn to face her, I see that she's standing with her arms crossed over her tight black dress. Her eyes look me up and down, full of judgement and disapproval before landing back on Rave, who still has his hand on my waist.