19.

"All I'm saying is that you don't kiss a girl and then say Catch ya later." Erin rants from the other end of the phone. She was annoyed and rightly so, Kyle had asked her out on a date last week and after their movie he kissed her -which apparently was great - but then he said "Catch ya later" and Erin got out of the car, not knowing how to respond. 

"I agree. Have you talked to him since?" 

"No! He hasn't texted or called, which is another thing..." Erin continued to ramble on about proper after date etiquette while I moved the phone from my ear and scrolled through my texts, reading and replying to the new message from Rave that said he just got off work and is on his way over.  

"Ky!" 

"What?" I snap my attention back to the conversation and hear Erin give an annoyed breath through the speaker. 

"We you even listening to me?" 

"Yes." I wasn't lying, I was listening to the first part of her rant, but then I got distracted. "No, I'm sorry, Erin. Rave texted me and I got distracted." 

"Rave, huh?" All the annoyance falls from her voice as she suddenly becomes more interested in my text with Rave than her own problems with Rave's friend. I swear that Erin and Whitley are more invested in this relationship that I am...can I even call Rave and I a relationship? I shake off the thought and tune back in to Erin's interrogation. "So, how is it?"

"How is what?" I get up to fix my hair before Rave arrives, standing in front of my mirror and running a brush through it quickly before letting it flow in its natural waves. Rave had agreed to spending the day inside and watching movies so I. trade my pajama shorts for a pair of leggings and keep my dad's old Led Zeppelin shirt on. 

"Sex, Ky. How is the sex?" 

I almost drop the phone at Erin's question, I was so surprised by it, even though I should have known better. I look at myself in the mirror wandering if Rave thinks we should have done it by now. He doesn't seem to really be in a hurry to do anything, sometimes we don't even make out when he's over and he's never mentioned it. If I seem uncomfortable or not ready to do something he always stops and gives me that heart melting smile before kissing my head or cheek and going back to whatever it was we were doing before. 

"You haven't had sex with him yet, have you?" Erin asks after taking my silence as the answer to her question. 

"No. I mean, it's only been a few weeks..." I start to chew on my lip, desperately wanting this conversation to be over. 

"Yeah, but that on top of all those months you two spent getting close last year, it's not like you just met him." 

"Yeah, but it's not like a lot didn't happen between the two." I defend. A lot did happen, a lot of things that I still don't know that I'm over, like how easily he dropped my friendship and whatever else was happening between us at the time. I know he said it was because he was scared and Lexy was familiar, but to me that's just a cop-out and regardless, he hurt me. 

"You're right. Take your time, girl. I would be dying for a piece of Rave Matthews though." I can hear the smirk in her dreamy tone. 

"Erin!" 

"Sorry! I couldn't resist. Hey, I gotta go, Kyle is finally texting me." She tries to sound as if it's no big deal, but I can hear how happy she is in her voice. 

"Tell me about it later?" 

"Yep." She says before hanging up, just as I hear Rave's car pull up in front of my house. I do a quick sweep of my room, tossing a dirty shirt in the hamper and kicking some shoes into my closet, before making my way downstairs. My mom is home and doesn't go to work for another few hours, and that's who I found Rave with when I got to the front door. They were talking to each other like this wasn't the third time they have met. Their voices are low but when I come in to view, Rave's green eyes snap to mine and he gives me a toothy smile.