36.

"Where's Rave?" Erin asks from inside of my walk in closet, where she is digging through all of my clothes in an attempt to find me something "hot" to wear to Tate's New Years Eve party tonight. 

"He's dropping Ever off at her friend's house for the night, the he's picking up Kyle and Andy and meeting us here." 

It was hard to keep Rave's stay in the hospital a secret and there was no hiding the bruises and bandages, so we told our close group of friends about his dad and the night that landed him in the hospital. Rave was afraid that our friends would pity him or feel differently, but they didn't. In fact, it's as if Rave and his sister moving in with me and my mom is totally normal and almost never talked about in conversation. I told him he had nothing to worry about and I was right. 

"He's picking up Kyle?" Erin comes walking out of my closet with a pair of black shorts I had forgotten I own in her hands.

"Is that a problem?" I arch a brow as I watch her lets out a sigh and sit down in the chair at my vanity. 

"No, it's just that...he drives me insane, Ky. One minute we're fine and he acts like he's into me and then the next he's distant and I feel like he can't wait to get away from me." 

"Have you tried talking to him again?" I've never seen Erin this into a guy and as someone who wears their heart on their sleeve, I know it's driving her insane that Kyle can't just be open about his feelings with her.

"Yeah, and all he said was that he likes me." She rolls her eyes and starts to comb her fingers through her blonde hair.

"Well, at least you got that much out of him." 

"I guess...I don't want to talk about Kyle right now. Is Whit bringing Audrey to the party?"

"Yep!" Whitley walks into the room with Audrey trailing behind. Audrey is clinging to Whitley's hand, a nervous smile on her face as she looks from Erin to me. 

"Hey, Audrey." I give her a smile and wave, which causes her to relax a little. I know that Whitley was worried about me being angry that she's dating Lexy's best friend, but it looks like she wasn't the only one that had that concern. I don't blame Audrey for her friend's behavior or insults and I have nothing against her. If she makes my best friend happy, then I like her and am happy for them. 

"Hey." She waves back, following Whitley over to my bed where they both take a seat next to me.

"So what have we missed?" Whitley asks, not missing the deflated look still lingering on Erin's face from our conversation about Kyle. 

"I was just telling Erin that Rave went to pick up Kyle and Austin. They should be here soon." 

"Should we start getting ready then?"

"Yes!" Erin jumps up from the chair and throws the black shorts she had dug from my closet at me, "Put these on and let me do your make up, Ky. I'll find you a shirt." 

An hour later I'm dressed in all black as Erin applies the final touches of make up to my face. Whitley and Audrey are dressed and taking selfies with filters on Snapchat as we wait for the boys to arrive. Rave had texted me a few minutes ago and said that they were on their way. "Okay, all done." 

I stand and walk to the full length mirror, admiring Erin's work and choice of outfit. Even though it's January, the weather is unnaturally warm outside and I know that it will be hot inside the lake house, so I don't think I'll regret my decision to not wear jeans. I pull down the sleeves on the cropped shirt just as I hear Rave pull into the driveway and the doors of his car slam shut as the three of them run towards the front door.