Chapter 12

A few days passed by, quietly and calmly. Kid and Alice were safely located in a hotel in the middle of nowhere. The tension between them was intense, and they found that they barely spoke to each other. But this had been eating at Alice for too long now, and she knew she had to act on it.
"Kid?" She asked, all hesitation put aside. Alice walked over to the bed he was laying on, and sat next to him. She kind of sank into the mattress, bringing her body closer to his. 
His reaction was completely different than what she had expected. He looked up at her and smiled. "So you are still speaking to me?" He asked. 

"I didn't stop in spite of you. I stopped because I don't know what's going on. My whole life just collapsed." Kid sighed at this, and turned his focus back to the dull ceiling with bumps all across it. 

"Do you want to go back to it? Is that whats going on?" He asked.
Alice put her hand on his forearm and closed her eyes. She knew what she was about to say could never happen, but it was something she needed to talk about.
"I want more of an education then I've gotten. If we survive this whirlwind of an adventure, what am i going to do? Where am I going to go?" 
Kid rolled his eyes, obviously never having cared for the 'simple' things in life, he didn't understand.
"Your old life.. It's never going to come back, Alice. I don't want to hurt you, but it's the truth. This adventure may never stop." He turned onto his side so that he was facing her.
"I have you, Alice. I'm not going to let anything hurt you, but I need you to understand that you my never have a 'normal' life."