(4) Knowing it, but leaving it

Frisk yawned and stretched. She felt as ready as ever and very hyped too like yesterday. She got up and suddenly she felt like someone had put weights on her. She sighed as though getting up was running a marathon, which was stupid if you thought about it because she felt so energized before and now she felt like new year's eve all over again. Especially before the party even started.

Her cough came back too which wasn't good at all. Her cough was just like yesterday's cough, however, her throat was a bit drier than normal.

Her phone was on her bedside table, charging. She picked it up and it said: "7:28 Tuesday.". She remembered those days that she had to wake up at 6:00 to go to school. But now she didn't have school. If anything, Toriel teaches her new things about food and history and sometimes snail facts. Also, Sans teaches Frisk scientific things like souls and DT (Determination).

When she got up, she coughed again and again. But this time, it was different. Not only was her cough drier, something came out. She put her hands over her mouth, and black liquid came out. The liquid was... Well, defiantly not liquidly. If anything it was gooey like slime. It was black but you could see almost a layer of some transparent liquid. It kinda creeped her out a bit.

"I seriously need to go to Alphys." She said to herself, worried this might be something really bad or worse, deadly.

She stared at it for a bit and wondered if that slimy liquid was the reason why her throat was so dry. She thought that because when she went to the bathroom and washed her hand, the black liquid was sticky and hard to take off her hand. However, it was dry in the middle. Very dry. It felt like sand when she was touching it. But when she wasn't touching it, it felt just like slime. She managed to take it off anyway even though it was almost like glue.

When she was washing her hand, she thought about what that liquid could be. She had no answer apart from 'I don't know'. She was still in shock after she had spent almost a full half an hour in the bathroom. So, she thought it would be wise to call Sans and ask him. Maybe he knows something about this. He was the one to tell her she needed to go to Alphys and get a 'check-up'. Also, she needed someone to talk to.

She turned her phone on and called him. The phone only ringed once and then he picked up. "Hey," Frisk said, trying to figure out something so say or start off the conversation.

"You OK?" Sans asked, starting the conversation off. He seemed so worried about her after new year's eve; it is normal for him to be like that as they were together now. But for Frisk though, she was already seeing it being very annoying in the future.

"Um well..." She said looking away from the ground, to then realise that he couldn't see her. "I just woke up... and started to cough. But something... is off.".

"Hm?" The sound of confusion was right there.

He needed context and so Frisk gave it to him. "When I coughed today, black liquid came out." Frisk didn't know how to say it or put it more different than that. "It's the first time though." She added quickly, making sure that he knew that she did tell him the full truth. Sans didn't respond after that. She heard a slight shuffling noise. Did Frisk say something bad? "Sans? Sans? Are you the-".

There was a flash of blue after she spoke. She looked at what it was and she heard a "Hey kiddo." which sounded like Sans said it. And surprise, surprise it was him. He had teleported to her bedroom and he seemed very serious.

"AH!" Frisk screamed, falling backwards onto her bed. "Geez, you scared me. Don't teleport without me knowing." She was legitimately scared and her heart was racing. Anyone would if you saw something just appear out of nowhere. However, she did find the gesture quite sweet in some way. "Next time tell me ok?".