(24) Leave

The next day, she woke up, feeling sad about what she was going to do. But she took a deep breath and looked around trying to find Chara. Yet, she wasn't there, or anywhere to be seen. She stood, remembering her nightmares that she was no longer afraid of as Chara was friendlier now.

When she was fully stood up, Chara just appeared right in front of her, she backed away, falling onto her bed scared.

"You're finally awake." Chara looked down on Frisk, not giving her any space to get up. It's not like it mattered since she was a ghost. Frisk could walk right through her, however, she would rather not do that. "Do you know what time it is?".

"I did tell you I was going to sleep a lot today." She yawned. "But no, I don't know what time it is.".

"It's 12:00! Don't you remember you had to go and do a check-up?"

"That's at night!" She whispered, feeling like Chara doesn't listen to her whatsoever. "There would be no way I could go out with Toriel knowing!" She said even quieter. Chara felt a bit embarrassed but then said to Frisk to check her phone.

There were messages from Sans. She had completely forgotten to talk to him yesterday! Frisk called him straight away, and Chara put her hand over her face.

"Sans!" She said, not knowing if he was mad or not.

"You didn't talk to me yesterday." He sounded sad.

"I know I'm sorry." There was guilt in her throat knowing what she was going to do today at midnight.

"It's fine. I was just worried about you." He wasn't angry or mad. But that made Frisk feel even more guilty. She wanted a reason to be mad at him so she didn't have to feel sad anymore. "Either way. Are we doing a check-up today or not?".

"Yeah. Of course, we are." Why would they, they have to.

"At what time then? It can't be in the day right?" they can, it's just because of Toriel.

"Yeah, so at 22:00? Would that be OK?".

"OK, I'll tuck Pap in before that and then I'll teleport to you.".

"No. I'll sneak out because you'll wake my parents up." If he did teleport her out, her parents would find out that she was gone much easier as they would hear the sound twice and check on me.

"Fine. I'll message you when I'm ready then.".

They hang up and Chara looked at her with a questionable look. "I would think Smiley Trash Bag would be mad at you." And so did Frisk. But surprisingly he wasn't. "By the way, your parents are in the kitchen." She warned and Frisk thanked her.

After Chara had asked Frisk to answer her questions, she had been a bit weird. Yet, Frisk didn't care, at least she was talking to her more as Frisk did need to talk to someone.

Later after Frisk had dressed up while Chara read the letters again to check they were OK, Frisk went to the kitchen to finally greet her parents after their fight. She took a deep breath and took a step at the time, feeling more and more guilty every step she took. She hated that she would have to leave but she needed to. She couldn't see any other way. Especially since they wouldn't use her soul, to break the barrier.

She finally found herself in front of them, sitting down at the table with a slice of butterscotch cinnamon pie. Her parents looked at her. Toriel was feeling like Frisk wasn't going to talk to her for ages, but yet again she isn't going to stay there enough time to talk about everything and say the sorries that they want to say or hear.

She starts coughing, this time unable to stop them coming out like before. Everybody was silent, including Chara too. No one dared to speak. It was a glass window that could be shattered in one small touch that would then revive a whole argument again that neither of them wanted. She ate as quickly as she could to then stand up and go to her bedroom, but Toriel couldn't keep this going anymore. She hardly slept yesterday and neither did Asgore.