(14) Papyrus' worries

(Quick Note: When the writing is like this, it means it's wingdings.)

When Sans got home from talking to Alphys about Frisk and such, he opened the door of his house and stepped inside, still worried about Frisk and how she was. Was she OK? Did she get caught by her parents?

Papyrus had laid out the table with 2 of everything that they needed to eat his spaghetti. But they normally didn't do that, they always ate on the sofa or on the ground. Or even in their bedrooms if they didn't want to talk, but that's mainly Sans who does that.

"Bro! I'm home!" Sans said, shouting to be heard over the noise of Papyrus humming and making the spaghetti for both of them to eat.

"Oh! Didn't hear you come in brother." Papyrus said peeking out from the kitchen door with his chef hat that they once found in the garbage area.

"What's the special occasion?".

"Uhm... Well, you see..." He said, putting his hat down on the kitchen counter to look at Sans. "You are going out a lot lately and I thought that if you had a nice dinner, you would relax a little.".

"Aw, bro. You didn't have to do that." Sans said in a sweet voice, thanking him.

"Well, at least it was a bit of a treat," Papyrus said while looking at the table to make sure everything was in order.

When Papyrus took his apron off and hanged it somewhere in the kitchen from cooking his spaghetti, he sat down at the table.

"So..." Papyrus said in a worried and yet in a curiosity voice. "Why have you been going out lately anyway?".

Sans didn't know what to say to him. He couldn't tell him what's happening to Frisk. But he couldn't lie to him either, what if he goes and tells Toriel about it? Frisk would be real mad at Sans.

"Well..." He said looking to the right. "It's Frisk.".

"Is she alright?" He immediately asked.

"... Yes. She just has a cold and she needs somebody to be there.".

"What about Toriel and Asgore?" He thought.

"Well..." They didn't know, but Sans couldn't say that "They are not always able to stay there for her.".

"Then I 'The Great Papyrus' will help her through this terrible cold of hers-." Sans interrupted him. He couldn't come. He just couldn't.

"No. You can't come because..." Sans looked down trying to find a lie that he could use "It's a different cold and nobody can help her through this one... And besides, she doesn't want everybody to know about it and be worried about it." Sans was correct in some ways; it was just not the whole truth.

"So is that why you weren't telling me, brother?".

Sans nodded in despair. He couldn't believe that he was lying to his brother. He never lied, he only changed the subject, but only at that moment he realised something.

"What will happen after she... How can I say to everyone that the barrier had...? Oh god..." He almost started to cry. Sans thought but snapped out of it in a second as Papyrus spoke.

"I see." He relaxed a bit.

"Promise me that you won't say anything to anyone. Not even her parents.".

"Why?" Sans swallowed hard.

"They don't really know what it is, it's a different... cold. Just promise me bro." Sans leaned in on the table, hoping that he would say yes or OK.