(26) It's happening

Frisk ended up listening to the music she and Sans sang along to on New Year's Eve: Wake me up. All the good memories flashed by her. She was re-living everything again. The same emotions, the same music, the same people... She has to do it.

The song ended and she took her headphones. It was time.

She had packed everything she needed, including the Tupperware Toriel gave to her. She also had the letters ready to go and, for old-times-sake, her stick. Her legs hurt a lot and in some places, especially her veins, were turning a slight shade of black. Frisk hadn't been told by anyone this would happen, but it didn't surprise her much as she thought it would.

As she got out of her covers, she could clearly see all the black veins carrying bloge around her body. Her legs and her fingertips were the only places where she could see this happening in, which would explain why sometimes she could move or feel them and why she fell over.

Without thinking any more about this, she got out of bed and got dressed. Her legs were shaking but she shook them around a bit and continued. "Fuck all of this. I'm doing it and that's the end of it." She whispered to herself but it was enough for Chara to hear her.

"That's the spirit!" Chara said as she sat down on her bed. "By the way, I would wear leggings and a pair of gloves. Not only is it going to be chilly, but your parents and Sans might also see it.". She had a point. "We don't want any more distractions while we are out, do we?".

Frisk shakes her head in response and takes Chara's points seriously. However, there might be a flaw. "What about Hotlands?".

"What about it?" Chara asks.

"I will die from a heat stroke if I go there with gloves and tights." The whole point is to die at the barrier, not to just die in Hotlands.

Chara lays down on the bed while looking at the ceiling. "You know that place where we found the weird quiche? You know, in Waterfall?" Frisk nods. "Isn't that kinda private? Like, hidden?".

Frisk looks at Chara in a mixture of disgust and unbelieving. "You're not implying that I will get undressed in Waterfall.".

"Well, it's either that or you get caught by your parents and by Smiley Trash Bag." She says as she puts her hands up. "Your choice!".

Frisk sighs as she gets dressed into a long sleeve shirt with a t-shirt on top, shorts on top of leggings, gloves and boots. It doesn't look like it's the best style in the world, but for someone who's just about to die, it's enough.

Grabbing her bag and putting it on, Frisk looks at the mirror and spots the golden heart necklace that she wore when she fell down to the underground. It was only fitting to wear it now. "Stop with the melodramatic shit. Come on we gotta go.". Chara is right, and so Frisk leaves her bedroom.

Her parents aren't around anymore, either they're in their bedroom or somehow spying on her. Looking around, she leaves her letter on top of the table, folding it before turning around to leave. She takes out her phone and texts Sans quickly as she walks over to the stairs. "I'm leaving now." She texts him. Sans doesn't text back she doesn't care much since she will see him in a minute.

As she gets close to the door, Chara says: "Plan time activate." which was enough to, again, put back a smile on Frisk's face before having to deal with her own death.