(16) Passing out

After everything was checked up with Frisk's soul, they went home. Frisk was quiet all the way home. Sans was getting scared about that. Why was she so... Scared? He knew why, it's because of her soul but, why all of a sudden? Couldn't she just talk to him? It's not like her.

At the entrance of Waterfall, Frisk was still silent. Sans wasn't liking it at all and stopped walking and looked at her. She stopped and looked back.

"What's going on?" He said worried "You haven't spoken since we left the house. Is there something bothering you?".

"No... I'm just, scared." She looked at the ground, feeling that she would cry again. But she stood strong.

Sans didn't quite understand that last word she said, she was almost whispering. They stood there for a few seconds and then Frisk spoke. "I didn't mean to make you worried... I just..." She was going to say that she didn't want to die because of her parents and him and how everyone would react about the barrier. But the only thing that came out of her mouth was "Never mind.".

Sans started to walk again, but he was so annoyed at the fact that she wouldn't tell him what's wrong. They were together, right? Why was she trying to hide? And what was she trying to hide?

They kept walking, but they didn't talk at all. It was this stupid silence that wasn't comforting. Just... mean. When they got to the middle bit of Waterfall, close to the entrance of Snowdin, Frisk started to cough. This time though, she was coughing as if there was no air and she couldn't breathe. Frisk felt as if she was suffocating. Something was clogging up her soul.

Frisk sat down next to a wall and Sans teleported to her as soon as he saw her. He sat down next to her and looked at her soul. "Shit, shit, shit!" He thought to himself.

"San..." Frisk said, her eyes closing slowly. She was trying to stay up, she didn't want to close her eyes. What was going on? She felt a slight tingle in her soul. Presumably healing magic. But she didn't know. Her soul was burning, it hurt too much to even feel his magic. It was all black, the only thing she could see is black and feel pain. Her eyes were closed; her body wasn't moving. She was just tired. Just tired.

When she woke up, she looked around. She was at the lab? What had happened? There were too many questions to ask. But the only person she saw was Sans, snoozing off into sleep. He was on top of her legs so she couldn't move or he would wake up. She decided not to move but she looked around again. She was in a bed and she was connected by a stand on her left. She looked at it carefully, it was bright green with bright green liquid. She just agreed that it was healing magic. Beside it, there was a small digital clock that read 1:03.

"You got to be joking. What happened?" Frisk said to herself while Sans woke up and yawned.

"You OK kiddo?" Sans' right eye seemed to be still asleep as it was closed more than his left.

"Yeah." She replied. Unsure if he would tell her what happened, but before he could say a word, suddenly something appeared. It was the same figure behind him. From her dream? Was she dreaming then?

"Do you want me to call Al for you?" Sans asked. Frisk stopped talking and looked at the figure closely. Chara. Why was she here?

"Get away from us!" Frisk screamed at her.

"Get away from us!" Chara mimicked and mocked. "Is he that important to you? Oh, I forgot. You're in love with him, aren't you? You're in love with smiley trash bag! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!" She said to her almost crying of laughter. Sans was oblivious of Chara and Frisk. He seemed like he didn't notice something was wrong.