(13) Things can always get worse

The next day, Frisk was sleeping and Sans was walking through Snowdin town thinking something over. Nobody was awake. Papyrus was put to bed by Sans, like usual, and Sans just went out after that.

"Flowey... That brat! What is he doing with Frisk?" He thought to himself. "It's not like he would dare to do anything to Frisk now... I think. What is he up to though?".

Sans couldn't stop thinking about it and so he teleported to her bedroom door when he got closer to the ruins. It's not like he can teleport from one side of the underground to the other unless it's an emergency. He wasn't actually tired or anything so he wouldn't miss his teleportation up (a thing that he does very often). When he got there, Flowey was asleep as well as Frisk.

Sans slowly went up to Flowey and put one of his hands on his pot and the other on his mouth. Flowey woke up but couldn't speak because of his hand but he didn't even try to speak or bite or scream. Sans walked outside of her bedroom door and then teleported as to not disturb her in her sleep.

"Alright," Sans said while outside of her house but still in the ruins. "Why are you with Frisk?" He sat down.

"Look I didn't want to! OK?" He said shouting. "She just came to me and-".

"Yeah, I know. I heard." He interrupted. "But I only heard some bits so... tell me. Have you done anything to Frisk while I was away?" Flowey didn't know anything about him being there, but he wouldn't even dare to say anything at all about it. It might make him angry.

"No! I gave up doing that a long time ago." He said looking slightly down and angry. "You know that, I promised didn't I? Even if I did do something, you would always catch me. I've learned.".

"Are you sure?".

"Yeah.".

They stayed in silence, while Sans started studying Flowey's expression. "Alright. I believe you kid.".

"I realised that I can't do anything like that. But... Since when did you care so much for Frisk. It's not like she did a pacifist route and magically made you forget about the past... Right?".

Sans stayed silent and thought if he should tell him or not. "If you knew what has happened between me and her... You just won't even believe it." He said blushing and looking away.

"Heh? What happen-". He said and then realising what it was. "Wait... Why are you blushing?". Sans said nothing but Flowey knew what it was and was very, very disgusted by that.

"Let's shut up about it. K? She is going through a hard time and... Well... I need to be there for her. So, sadly..." He said laughing slightly at the end "We are going to have to be friends, not for me but for her. K?".

"Sure." Flowey sighed. Sans was very sure that Flowey was still pondering his answer even though he had said it without hesitation.

"Oh. And just keep this conversation between us too. She might think that we have been doing what we always did in the past... You know.".

Finally, after a short angriness from Sans, they are finally getting along. Sans walked to the front door, carrying Flowey and its pot with his hand Sans looked at the time before teleporting up to her bedroom. He put Flowey around his arm and put his pot where Frisk normally puts it, which for Sans was the last time he saw Flowey in her bedroom. Sans woke Frisk up gently from sleep.

"Hey, kiddo. Morning!" He said in a soft and gentle voice.

"Yawn... Is it morning already?".

"Yeah." He said smiling.

Frisk woke up and somehow a little dizzy and when she got up she felt like throwing up. Something burning and stinging in her soul. She got up and ran to the toilet. She sat down in front of it with her arms around it, throwing up. But not vomit as people would think. But the same black liquid that she coughed out. This time it was more liquidly and there wasn't a lot. Sans sat down next to Frisk, patted her back gently and Flowey went to his other arm to not be in the way.