(15) An Old Friend

"Frisk... It's me..." A voice was speaking. The same voice from her nightmare. A now distinguishable girl voice. "Frisk... FRISK!" she shouted at the end getting very impatient.

Frisk sat up from her bed rapidly like she just woke up from a very horrible nightmare. She looked around with a scared look on her face. But to her surprise, she saw her bedroom, her normal bedroom. Flowey was still asleep so it must be a sign that everything was OK.

"A nightmare." She thought, her heart beating still beating rapidly. She hadn't got one for ages, probably because she is living with monsters and is no longer afraid of them like she was before. But now she actually loved one, to her surprise.

Her cough came back when she was still looking around to see if she was actually in the real-life and not in a dream. But after her coughing, she was pretty sure that she was in the real-life. But she didn't look twice as, yes, she did have a cough, but she didn't have the normal pain she always had. Her head hurt so much, making it impossible to stand upright but she tried. She put her foot down carefully, making sure she didn't either wake-up Flowey or anyone else, and that includes her.

She didn't feel her foot touch the floor. So, by instinct, she looked at the floor which was no longer a floor but was a dark, endless abyss. Everything had disappeared including the bed and so she fell into the abyss that was laid below her. She tried to hold on to something that she could reach, but everything had disappeared. Nothing was left. All she felt was the air going by next to her like cars rushing home after a shift on a Friday night.

"Hello, FRISK...". The same voice said again in a whisper, mocking her. "I've missed you." Frisk looked around, trying to find where that voice was coming from. From the left? The right? Where was it?

A figure from the distance approached her. "Oh, and I do miss our...RESET'S." That figure that Frisk now knew and recognised very well, went straight to her face in a second. She backed away, getting away from her as fast as she could. She dived into the void backwards, she felt unbalanced and dizzy.

All of a sudden, she was back in her bedroom. She sat up embracing her legs, scared. Except, somebody was holding her hand. Toriel. Toriel was next to her, kneeling on the floor.

"My child!" Toriel stood up when Frisk was wake and sat down. "You were having a nightmare. Are you alright?".

Frisk was confused, scared and very worried for herself. Could she be still dreaming? Toriel hugged her and she shivered, not knowing if she was the real Toriel or not.

"A dream within a dream?". She thought while she said with a shaky voice "Y-yes. I'm fine.".

"You sure?" Frisk nodded, "OK then." Calmly, Toriel stroked her cheek and smiled, worried for her health. "Get dressed, I have made a Butterscotch pie." Toriel pointed at Frisk's closet general direction while standing up and heading to Frisk's bedroom door.

Toriel opened the door and closed it behind her. Frisk started to stare at her floor like it was a deadly thing.

"You alright Frisk?" Flowey asked suddenly. Frisk had just remembered he was there and it startled her. She blinked also remembering that she needed to blink, her eyes burning from forgetting that.

"Y-Yeah. That nightmare was... Something." She forced a laugh out of her mouth.

"I had one too if it makes you feel any better. But I don't want to talk about it." His annoyed voice came back. She was tired and seriously didn't want to snap at anyone. She had to just get out of there to think, alone. Flowey didn't deserve for her to snap at him, and what would probably end up happening is that he would get mad at her and would just take any chance to leave the house. She didn't want that of course.