(25) An unexpected family dinner

Frisk opens the door to the hall and looks to her right. No one is in the living room. She took a step. They might just be in the kitchen. Now she was thinking and re-thinking why she had said yes to Asgore. She felt just like the last time she went to eat breakfast. Each step getting harder to move. Could it be because of the tingly feeling she has been having? Maybe. But it could be because she is scared of what was going to happen.

Toriel and Asgore were in the kitchen, as Frisk suspected. Toriel was cooking while Asgore was giving her hug. The same reassuring, warm embrace that Frisk got from her dad before. Nevertheless, Frisk went to the table to sit down, hoping that neither Toriel or Asgore would notice her. Not that it mattered since they would have to notice her anyway.

As Frisk thought they would, she pushed the chair back to sit on it and it made a noise. They both looked at her and, with a sad smile, Toriel continued to cook.

Frisk couldn't deal with the sadness in this house. It was just tiring. But she didn't have the right to be mad, angry, or even sad as she is the one who is bringing this to herself. Now Asgore is the one who should be sad and angry at Frisk. But thankfully, he wasn't. If anything, he was forgiving.

Asgore came over, knowing that she wouldn't want to be here. But before he actually left the kitchen, he said something to Toriel that Frisk couldn't hear. She played with the letters in her pocket, reminding herself of the plan. He sat in front of her, making her make eye contact with him. "Dinner is almost ready." He said, confirming that they would eat. She nodded looking down at the wooden table. Frisk was getting a bit hungry.

Frisk had been getting more and more hungry as she hadn't eaten much in the past few days. It was just simply because she was just scared she would throw up or pass out again. She didn't want her parents to notice it or even see her in the state she was in last time again.

A few minutes passed and Toriel called Asgore over. This secretive vibe wasn't doing any good to anyone, specially Frisk. But it turned out Asgore needed to get the plates, forks and knives out to put on the table. Knowing that Frisk decided to help. She was getting tired of doing nothing. But what was even greater about it is that Toriel's lit up when she saw Frisk helping. She was just grabbing the forks and knives while Asgore grabbed the plates and the cups. What was she going to do about it? It made Toriel happy and that's all it mattered. Asgore smiled at Frisk went they sat back down, almost saying "Well done." thorough his eyes.

Toriel came to the table with food. Just by the smell, Frisk knew that it was roasted chicken with mash potato, and she was correct. Toriel served everyone and put the rest of the food back in the kitchen. Frisk and Asgore started eating while Toriel grabbed a small, pink Tupperware and put a slice of pie in it. She also put something else in it, it looked like a piece of paper. Frisk couldn't see what it was exactly without making it obvious.

Either way, she brought it over with her and now frisk could see that it was a piece of paper. It almost looked like a mini letter. Once she was sat down she passed it to Frisk. "Take it with you." She said. Her smile was small, sad, but yet caring. She had probably noticed that she hadn't been eating much.

Frisk took it. If she didn't Toriel, would probably have been sad and force her into taking it. Toriel was happy and it made Frisk feel... Consoled.

At the end of the silent dinner that they all had, Frisk got up and looked at them in despair. She went up to them with the Tupperware and they stood up almost at the same exact time she got there. Without neither of them knowing how much they needed to have a hug and feel that they actually are there, that Frisk is still alive and well, they pulled themselves into a tight hug, like magnets. This time, Frisk hugged her tighter, knowing what she was going to do in her mind, a tear actually escaped that time. But, fortunately, no one saw.

Not wanting to break away, Toriel spoke. Her voice was sad and unforgiven. "Don't do this... Whatever you're going to do." She said. "Please. I can't lose another child.".

Frisk shook her head. "I'm sorry." Both options at that moment of her going and not going is almost impossible for her to make. But she can't, not do it, not now anyway. Frisk already had planned it all out and she had to leave the house. She can't bare all of the horrible emotions and vibes. And after what she said? After what she had done? She has to leave.

Letting go of the warmth from her mother, she wiped the tear away and went to her room saying goodbye before she left. This time, Frisk didn't bang the door. She closed it gently, letting them know she's not irritated at them.

Frisk fell to the ground once she reached her the middle of her room. Did she trip? She looked behind her, nothing was there. At least nothing that could make her trip over. She sighed as she tried getting back up. But she couldn't. Her legs weren't working. It just felt like she had huge weights on her legs. What was happening? She pulled herself up to sit down at least and suddenly, she could move them again. To make sure her legs were OK, she poked them. She could feel them.

She stayed in her bedroom until the time came. Minutes and hours passed in silence. This would be it. No coming back. No rethinking it. 

If she doesn't do it now, it will never happen. Nothing would come out of her dying with her family. It will only give them horrible memories to unwillingly cherish.

This has to happen.