✌︎

"really?" bev wondered as a smile crept across her freckled face. "one hundred percent, when you're not around, he can't get your name out of his mouth." eddie elaborated, making bev blush. "well, thanks for the scoop spaghetti." bev spoke biting her lip. eddie put the final touches on his hair and sprayed in some hair spray so it would stay in place.
     eddie checked himself over and made sure everything was perfect. he looked over to bev who was doing much of the same, and putting on one last layer of mascara. "hey bev," eddie started. "yeah eds," "do you think...uh...you could...nevermind..." eddie trailed off as he watched bev put her makeup back where she got it. "no what is it?" she wondered giving eddie her full attention. eddie giggled and thought for a moment longer, "could you...do my makeup?" eddie asked almost inaudible. "oh my god I thought you would never ask, sit down." bev instructed as she clapped her hands in excitement.
     she decided to give eddie a extremely natural look, since it would look best on him. bev curled eddie's eyelashes and gave them a quick coat of mascara, and lathered some lip gloss on. "they're, now richie will be more head over heals for you than he already is." bev stated, satisfied with her work. she handed eddie a mirror, and he couldn't help but smile. he thought he was just...stunning. he always wanted to put on makeup, but was always to scared to. "thank you bev." eddie marveled as he continued to gaze at himself. "I really hope richie likes it." he added finally putting down the mirror.
     "alrighty eddie, let's see what time it is." bev stated making her way over to her alarm clock. "oh jesus it's-" but she was promptly cut off by the ringing of her phone. she rolled her eyes and picked up the phone, sitting down on her bed. "hello?" bev greeted kindly. "this is beverley right?" richie asked on the other end of the line. "this is she." "awesome, do you know where my spaghetti is? is he still with you? school just got out, and I'm going to go get ready for this shit dance, and I don't really want him to see me." richie ranted. "uh yeah he's with me, and I'll distract him, just call me back when you're done. and how are you calling me?" bev replied looking back at eddie. "im at stan's, and I drove to school today, remember?"  "oh yeah! sorry, anyways just call me back when you're done." the two friends said their goodbyes, and bev couldn't wait to give eddie the scoop on his precious richie.

     "stan I'm serious, I don't want to look like shit, I'm actually trying this year." richie complained as stan pulled a couple different suits from his closet. "these aren't shit suites, they're actually very expensive." stan remarked laying out the suites on his bed. richie looked over his selection and eventually narrowed his choices down to two. "I think the gray would look better on you." stan commented as richie stood in the mirror and switched between the two suits. "I'm thinking that too...alright I'll be right back." richie voiced handing stan his second choice and walking to the bathroom to change into his suit.
     richie walked back into stan's room and stood in front of his body length mirror. richie picked off some lint and observed his tall figure. "thoughts?" richie commented turning to stan who sat calmly on his bed. "I like it, I think eddie will like it especially, I think he likes lighter colors on you." stan voiced, as he began putting away his other suits. richie turned back to the mirror and looked himself one more time, he truly hoped eddie would appreciate his effort this year, considering last year he wore a white button up and some black skinny jeans.
     richie drove home from stan's and continued his journey to ready himself for this dance. he stepped into the bathroom and looked in the mirror at his messy hair. richie's hair was quite long, and he desperately needed a hair cut. he ruffled his hair a bit and was simply satisfied with it like that. he put on some cologne and slipped on a decent pair of dress shoes, and was ready to go. "hey bill, it's richie, are you ready then?" richie questioned over the phone. "y-yeah im p-putting my sh-shoes on now." replied bill as he held the phone between his shoulder and ear. "sounds good, I'll be on my way." richie informed.
     richie called bev and informed her of his soon arrival with bill, and made his way out of the house and to his parents car. he got in and saw the mess in the back seat, and decided that it would be a good idea to clean it out quick, so he did just that. he found many soda cans and receipts, along with a pack of crayons and...a carton of cigarettes. I must of hid them in here, unless they're dad's. richie hadn't smoked a cigarette since the day he went and visited eddie, which was almost two weeks ago. he was having a with drawl symptoms, but tried his best to push them away with countless pieces of gum, and memorable times with eddie. richie was proud of himself, and didn't want to break his streak...
richie presses his lips together in thought, and walked up to the garbage can that held the rest of the trash from the car. he looked at the full carton, and back to the garbage can. richie kissed his teeth and crushed the cigarettes in his hand and threw them into the can, satisfied with his decision.