❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

it was the last day of school, and the perfect time to tell the losers about the two boys' upgrade. eddie wore his prominent red shorts, and richie wore the hawaiian shirt that he had hid the rose in, which vibrantly sat on richie's windowsill.
richie stepped into the bathroom as eddie combed his hair back and wrapped his arms around his petite waist from behind. eddie gazed at richie through the mirror and a small smiled formed on his face. richie rested his head on eddie's shoulder and gave his neck a quick peck. "are you ready to go?" richie wondered as eddie put the final touches on his hair. "yeah, let's go." eddie answered ruffling richie's messy hair.

"where did you two nerds go during the dance, I had to drive home bill and bev, and they both made out in the back of my car the whole ride home." stan complained as richie and eddie entered the school building. "we left." richie stated vaguely, irritating stan. "but where?" stan proves walking along side the two other boys. "I'm not so sure why that's so important, stan." eddie chimed in, defending their case. "whatever, you two are-wait what the hell, eddie what's on your neck?" stan quizzed stepping closer to eddie. eddie quickly clapped a hand over the mark and a vibrant shade of pink spread on his cheeks, "it's probably just a bug bite or something." eddie lied giving richie an alarmed look. stan noticed the exchanged looks between richie and eddie, and put the pieces together, "wait...did you two leave the dance...to go make out?" stan chuckled, proud of his discovery. "look stan, don't say a thing to the losers, okay? we're going to tell them later at lunch, so don't open your mouth to anyone." richie declared sternly, causing stan to throw his hands up in surrender. "okay okay, my lips are sealed. listen I gotta go to mrs.lucas' class, I'll see you two later." stan winked as he entered his designated classroom. "richie we could just let him tell the losers, it would be a lot easier." eddie voiced moving his hand away from his neck. "oh eddie, but what's the fun of sitting back and letting stan tell everyone, when we can just start making out in front of the losers." richie joked as he wrapped an arm around eddie's shoulders. "shut up richie." eddie mumbled, holding back a smile. "I love you too eds."

everyday the losers sat at a different table, and it was always a struggle to find them, since richie and eddie were usually the last ones to enter the cafeteria, which was full to the brim. "look for stan's yarmulke." richie remarked looking over the crowd in front of them. "richie...sometimes you just-" "oh I see them eds let's go." richie cut off, grabbing eddie's wrist and quickly waking over to the rest of the group. "hey guys." eddie greeted as he sat down with richie. richie noticed the look that stan was giving them, and rolled his eyes. the losers all said hi to the two boys and went back to their conversations. "hey where did you two go during the dance?" bev wondered turning her attention away from bill. "tell them." stan chimed in giving the boys a mischievous look. "shut up stan." richie remarked. "me and richie went to the drive in and made out." eddie blurted out, instantly covering his mouth after he finished. bev's eyes went wide and a smile spread across her face. "is that right?" bev laughed. "yeah.." richie mumbled scratching the back of his neck and not making eye contact with any of the losers. "s-so are you t-two dating?" bill popped the question, earning the rest of the losers attention. richie bit his lip and looked over at eddie who had a very bright cheeks and wide eyes. "richie I told you we should've let stan-" eddie began in a panicked tone. richie rolled his eyes and grabbed eddie's hand and laced their fingers together, "yes spaghetti and I are dating." richie proclaimed holding up their hands for the losers to see. everyone marvled the two sweethearts and congratulated them. bill slipped stan a twenty dollar bill across the table, and stan gladly took it giving bill a victorious look. "so richie, what's your sexuality if you like eddie?" ben wondered. "I'm bisexual, but I prefer guys more." richie proclaimed proudly kissing the back of eddie's hand, which was still laced with richie's.

richie and eddie ditched the rest of the school day and drove around derry, grabbing something to eat, and richie eventually let eddie get this one nail polish he had been dying to try. yeah the two had some complications wherever they went that day, but their love was way stronger than the ignorant comments they received. the couple eventually met up with the rest of the losers at the quarry and swam around and had fun for a while to kick off their summer.

eddie still had a hard time adjusting to his relationship and the looks they revived in public. of course it would be hard for a homosexual boy in the 80s to adjust and adapt to the world around him, but each day he grew stronger as a person, and so did his love for his life long best friend richie. eddie had also stopped taking his meds, since they never helped him, and it gave his deceitful another reason for him to stay around.

richie was still richie. he continued to make raunchy jokes and now frequently made jokes about eddie's sexuality, but eddie still loved him unconditionally. richie was like a giant teddy bear to eddie, but when it came down to it, richie could be his knight in shining armor.
richie's parents didn't care if eddie moved in, the only rule was they weren't aloud to bother them, which the two gladly obeyed. richie often begged to eddie to make out with him while they were home, but eddie refused, and offered that they should go somewhere more secretive if they were going to do so.

the losers of course accepted them and admired them for being themselves. the group often had sleepovers and partied all night, making memories. eddie and bev hung out a lot as well, and did each other's makeup and nails. sometimes richie and bill would join them and they would get make overs, too.

overall, eddie had got what he had been dreaming of for months...he got richie.

The End

Maybe