Slip Up

BRYAN'S P.O.V-

I woke up with the sun hitting my face. I slowly opened my eyes, trying to avoid the sunlight. "Ugh", I groaned tiredly and turned around to see (y/n) sleeping peacefully. 

I smiled at the sight, enjoying her presence by my side. I would always wonder how she understands me most of the times. I guess she's just smarter than most wolves or other creatures out there.

I saw her nose scrunch up a bit and yawns. She slowly opens her eyes and shifted closer to me. "Morning girl", I greeted her and pet her on the head. She barks in response and leans in against my touch. 

Smiling once more, I got up and started to get ready for the lake I promised her. It's been awhile since I last had a break ever since I got the role for the upcoming movie. 

I put on something simple and packed some sunscreen and some towels. (y/n) just laid on the bed lazily on her back, staring at the ceiling. She does that sometimes for some odd reasons. 

Once everything was packed, I called (y/n) and told her were going. I hopped off the bed and followed me to the car.

AT THE LAKE

The lake was pretty deserted so there aren't a lot of people, actually no, scratch that, there isn't a single living soul out here. Well, except for me and (y/n) of course.

I stepped out of the car and opened the door for (y/n) to do the same. "C'mon", I said and walked towards the lake with all of the equipment in hand. 

I set down the beach chair and opened up the foldable desk. Once everything was all set, I took off my shirt and put on some sunscreen. It was half cloudy so it wasn't too hot, but one cannot be too careful.

(y/n) started to dash towards the water and jumps in. I laughed at her excitement, I guess it's been a while since we last came here. I smiled when I started to remember when I remembered our time here together. 

She suddenly barked, breaking my train of thoughts and memories of the past. I jogged my way towards her and slowly made my way in the water. "Shit!", I sweared when the cold water hit my skin and it sent shivers up my spine. 

I swear I thought I saw her eyes roll at me, but I didn't have much time to respond when she grabbed my swim shorts and pulled me deeper into the water. "gAH-!", I yelled out and splashed into the water. 

The cold water hits all over me as I swam towards the surface. "What was that for?!", I glared at her, the water dripping on my face thanks to my hair being soaking wet. 

She barks at me and smacked her tail on the surface of the water, making it splash all over my face. 

READER'S P.O.V-

Oh, this is priceless. I started to laugh mentally of course at his face. His once neatly combed hair now plastered on his face from being wet thanks to me. 

"Okay, your soo getting it", he said and started to chase me. I started to swim away, him behind me and gaining speed. 

I swam as fast as I can, but I still got caught. 'aH-'  I went under the water with Bryan as he drags me under. Eventually, we both swam up to the surface and he shakes his head to brush off the water. 

I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same. Glad that we haven't changed and were still dumb child-like people. 

He smiled at me and we continued to play around the water until it started to get dark. 

We both got out of the water with ease and started to dry off. He bends down and places a towel around me and starts to dry me off. "You are not getting in my car soaking wet", he jokes and continues to dry me off completely.

Once we were done, he starts to pack up his things. While he was doing so, I felt something lurking in the shadows. I turned around to see something red. My eyes widen when I saw the Nightmare. 

'Erak. Rank 8 species and difficult to kill. Great.'  I mentally groaned when I saw it. They're hard to kill because they have incredible speed and strength as well as unusual sharp teeth. I just wanted one day without fighting and have a good day with Bryan, but it seems like the world hates me huh?

I turned my attention back towards Byran who was almost done packing. I clicked my tongue and started to use one of my ability which is an illusion so Bryan can't see or hear the Erak and me while I fight. 

Once my illusion was set in place, I turned to the Erak that was staring at Bryan with hunger and growled. I launched towards it and it dodged easily. 'I can't fight being in this form'  I started to shift into my normal size which is 3x bigger than a normal wolf. Maybe even 4x bigger. 

'Better'  I launched myself against it again, but I made sure to turn to the side a bit at the end so when it dodges, it would land right in my trap. And so it did. 

I grabbed it by its neck and realized that it's a young one, that's why it wasn't as difficult as adult ones. I snapped its neck and it went limp. I dropped its body and it started to dissolve. I was about to let the illusion down until I heard a large screech. 

I quickly turned to the side to see an adult Erak. 'Fuck, that must have been the mother!'  I started to panic because Bryan was done packing at this point and was ready to leave. I've got to make this quick. 

The mother growls at me and ran towards at me with full speed. I tried to dodge but failed miserably since it was faster than me. It used its tail and swung at me with full speed and power. 

I flew 5 feet away from where I was and smashed against the trees. My illusion started to fade once Bryan got in the car. The fake 'me' started to dissolve into thin air. I started to panic and did my best to keep the illusion going.

Somehow, I manage to do it and Bryan drove off safely. I knew that the further he went, the more the illusion would fade. I mentally swore at myself and tried to get up. I got a few scratches from that, but luckily I didn't break any bones.

I turned my attention towards the mother Erak and used my other ability, the darkness. Using the shadows around me, spikes started to pop out of the ground, hitting the Erak. 

One of the spikes I made went through one of its arms and it screamed in pain. It swung its tail at me again and I manage to dodge this time, but it was spiked so it nicked me on the side. I groaned in pain as blood seeped out of the wound. 

I shook my head, trying to ignore the pain and used the darkness around me once more and attacked the Erak. It dodged the large spikes and went straight towards me at full speed. I didn't have much choice and used my last ability which was using nature.

I summoned a wall of thick wood and laired them. The Erak smashed its head but made no progress in breaking the large amount of wood I made. I started to feel my muscles straining from using all three of my abilities too much.

I expanded the wooden fortress and curved it around the Erak. Once it was fully covered, I started to shrink it, the Erak being crushed from the small space. 

My claws started to dig into the dirt as I continued to crush the Erak. It struggled for a while, making it difficult to contain it, but in the end, it stopped moving. 

I released the wooden fortress and saw the Erak was no more. I sighed and felt a sharp pain from my side. It's where the Erak nicked me with its tail. I pushed past the pain and I slowly made my way back home, shifting back to my smaller form.  

Now time to think about how the hell I'm going to face Bryan.

To be continued~