So Close Yet So Far

3 WEEKS LATER/ BRYAN'S P.O.V-

So...apparently my manager hired a personal bodyguard for me without my consent.

For the past few weeks or so, fans have been a little crazy and over the top lately, so my manager hired a female bodyguard about 3 days ago. She has (e/c) eyes and (h/l) (h/c) hair which suits her features. 

I didn't mind of course, but I wish my manager told me before-hand. Right now, I'm eating lunch at Starbucks while my bodyguard is standing from afar. She said that her name was (f/n) (<----it means 'fake name' so he doesn't know it's you lol).

She's not so bad, but she's a little distant with me so I feel a little bit uncomfortable around her. She also reminds me of someone but I can't quite place my finger on who. Maybe it's my imagination.

"Oh my god! Is that Bryan Dechart?!", a female voice rang out from my left side. I'm sitting outside since the inside was a bit stuffy. 'Ah crap..'   I turned around to see two girls who looked to be around my age. 

One was blond and the other one had light brown hair. I gave them a small smile and a wave, trying not to be rude. 

At the corner of my eye, I see (f/n) eyeing them from afar to see if they were going to try anything funny. 

"OMG IT IS!", the blond one squealed in joy and the two girls came running towards me. 

They started to introduce themselves and they talked about how much of a big fan they were and etc. They seemed nice, but then things started to turn sour when the blond one tried to, I guess hit on me. 

I was getting really uncomfortable when she kept persisting about my personal life and stuff like that. Soon enough, (f/n) appeared and pulled the two girls away from me. 

"Hey! What do you think your doing?!", the blond one shrieked at her. "Doing my job which means pulling you girls away from this man. Clearly he doesn't enjoy your company", (f/n) spat and slightly glared at them.

"If he didn't like our company then he would have said so!", the brown headed said and yanked her arm from (f/n) grip. "That's the thing ugly, he wouldn't say crap because he feels bad for ya. If it were me, I would have kicked your ass away from me", (f/n) said and grabbed both of the girls and pushed them away.

"Next time, go hit on someone who sits in your place", she gave them a cold glare. The people around us started to gather around to see what was happening. The girl clearly felt embarrassed so they quickly left us alone. 

I stood up since I practically lost my appetite from this little mini drama scene. I made my way towards (f/n) and we both headed off back to the studio. 

"Thanks for helping me", I said and gave her a side smile. "I was only doing my job", she said plainly but she did gave me a small smile in return.

READER'S P.O.V-

I got in the car with Bryan and I took the wheels of course. 

Bryan's manager is actually a human who's associated with werewolves, so he's aware that we exsist and such. I got the job after reaching out to him and explained Bryan's situation. 

Of course my badge and stuff were all done thanks to a distant relative of mine who's the chief of the main police department here. 

As I was driving, I saw a rank 2 'Milo' standing in the middle of the street in front of us. It was staring at Bryan and I kind of sped up to run over it and hope that it dies. Of course I used my illusion magic around Bryan's eyes so that he couldn't see it.

The Milo is pretty small so I didn't expect a lot of people to see it. Often times, Nightmares can use invisibility to hide from human eyes. However, us werewolves have the ability to see with or without their invisibility.

I heard the crushing bones of it as I ran past it. I looked at the rearview mirror to see the dead Milo disappearing and dissolving. 

I removed the illusion and went back to normal speed. Bryan looks at me funny and spoke up. "Why did you speed up earlier?", he asked me. "No reason", I replied, trying to keep my voice neutral. 

Bryan turned back to face the front and didn't say anything throughout the entire car ride.

AFTER WORK

 It was pretty dark out now and I quickly left Bryan's side once my job has been done for the day and ran back home, shifting to my wolf form. 

I laid on the couch and waited for Bryan to come home. 'I can't believe I'm doing this. What's going to happen if he finds out? No, I just have to be careful! Yeah! I'll be fine! .....I'M SO NOT GOING TO BE FINE!'

I started to have a small meltdown and started to doubt myself if I could really do this without getting caught. 

The paper is still buried near the bush from a month ago now. I didn't dare to go and get the paper so I just left it there. It's going to be fine, right?

After having my mini meltdown, Bryan comes in looking bright as usual but also tired which I don't blame him. He did had quite the show at lunch and tough work. He has the main role for the huge upcoming movie so the pressure can get heavy time to time. 

"Hey (y/n), how you been?", he comes over and cuddles with me. He buries his face in my fur and rests. I bark in response and he lifted his head up and smiled at me. 

"You know, (f/n) isn't so bad even though she's a little distant. She actually roasted two girls who were bugging me at lunch", he smirked at the memory and continued to cuddle with me. 

I barked again and he petted me. "I wish she warms up a little, ya know?", he said sadly. 'I wish I could'  I slightly whined at Bryan's sudden sadden mood and licked him on the cheek to comfort him. 

"Haha, thanks girl", he pets me and stood up and into his room. I followed him in and laid down on the bed as he got ready to sleep.

You're always so close yet, why do you feel so far away?

To be continued~ 

A/N: Hey guys! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter as much as I had fun writing it >w<

I won't be able to update next Tuesday since I'm going to the waterpark with my family. I might not also be able to update during the weekend, but I will try. 

Saturday my dear friend is going to drag me out to celebrate my b-day and on Sunday, which is my actually birthday, my family is having plans as well so I'm gonna be slightly busy.

Sorry for the inconvience, but I just want yall to know. Oh! Also, thank you guys for the votes and reads! Make sure to leave some comments so I can see your reactions and how you like it so far. If I need some improvements then go ahead and shout out so I know and can fix it.

I love people's reactions lol. *totally not creepy*