Growing Closer

BRYAN'S P.O.V-

I didn't think this would happen to us, to anyone actually. 

To think I'm the reason why (y/n) is suffering so much just because I'm her mate and to think that my family might get killed because I was born this way...I never asked for this. 

But (y/n)'s father said something that caught my attention. He said something about (y/n) suffering something similar to my situation. I wonder what it could be.

I wanted to ask (y/n) once we made it back home, but I still hesitated to ask her. "Is something wrong?", I suddenly heard her voice as she opens the front door of my place. We walked inside and I closed the door, not answering her. 

"Well?", she crossed her arms in front of her chest and narrowed her eyes at me. I sighed in response and stared into her eyes. "What did your dad meant when he said that your suffering some kind of fate like me?", I asked and this time I'm the one crossing my arms together. 

She dropped her arms and let them rest against her sides. "I'm born as the last survivor of the first werewolves that were created by the Moon Goddess herself and I even bear the mark of her. I am the only living soul on the planet who is the closest to her. However, legends say that those who bear her marking will suffer a lot", she said and gazes at the floor. 

I didn't know what to say because it sounded horrible. A blessing and a curse, two in one. How tragic could that be? 

"I'm sorry", was all I could say. I felt so much pain in my heart because I don't ever want her to suffer that way like the legends say. "It's fine, Bryan. It's just something I have to deal with", she said and sighs. 

She slowly walks towards me and gave me a warm hug. I bent down a little so I could bury my head between her shoulder and neck. 

I felt her hand pat my head gently and I immediately relaxed under her touch. I wonder why? "Bryan...I hate to say this as much as anything but war is upon us all. There's no running from it and there's a chance that I might die at the end of this line", I heard her said and that made me tense. 

I slowly removed myself from her and looked at her sadly. "Don't say that...I can't stand to think about you never being by my side again and this time forever", I said sadly and slightly pouted which made her giggle. 

"I can't promise to stay alive, but I can promise you that I'll try", she said and gave me a peck on the lips. 

Her face was red as a tomato as she tried to look away from me. I felt a smirk on my lips as I held her chin and lifted her beautiful face and brought it close to mine. 

"Is someone embarrassed?", I cooed and she blushed even more. "Shut up...", she said and puffed her cheeks. It was cute. 

I squished her cheeks and kissed her soft plump lips and smiled at her. "You're too cute for me", I said and she stuck out her tongue at me. 

We both laughed at each other and I pulled her in for another hug. "But seriously, don't die on me", I said seriously. "Like I said before, I promise I'll try", she said and pulled away. 

Strange, I found this all very strange yet fitting. Everything felt natural, like kissing her and hugging her. I wonder if it's because of the mating thing. 

I heard a small yawn escaping from her mouth and a small smile appeared on my face. "Let's get some sleep, I have plans for us tomorrow", I dragged her into my room and made her lay on my bed. 

As I rested beside her, she turns around and snuggles against me. "Goodnight, Bryan", she said softly until she drifted off to sleep. 

I kissed her forehead and said 'Goodnight' back until I started to drift off to sleep too. 

THIRD PERSON P.O.V-

Black, slithering creatures gathered at the edge of the forest, waiting for their leader to come. "i SeE wE ArE aLl heRe", a demonic voice echoes around the Nightmares. 

Squeals and howls erupted, the Nightmares cheering in joy for their leader has arrived. "wE WiLl gEt oUr KeY aNd TakE baCk WhAt wAs oNcE ouR's", the leader spoke. 

The Nightmares once again cheered but this time in anger, wanting blood and revenge for the pain that was inflicted upon them by the gods themselves. 

A small Nightmare that appeared to be a rank 7 approached a tree that was beside it. It bit the bark of the tree and the tree immediately turned black and rotten. About 5 more of the same kind did the same to the other trees. 

"ThIS iS thEiR wArnInG", said the leader. "aNd iT Won'T bE tHe LaSt", he finished his sentence and by then, about 15 trees or more were ruined as well as the grass that surrounded them. 

The great leader was a rank 10 Nightmare. But the only difference that made it stood out from the rest of the Nightmares that were gathered around, it isn't an 'it', it's a person. Half Nightmare and half werewolf. 

He was one of a kind but considered to be a failed breed. The Moon Goddess wanted to have some sort of peace in the past with the Nightmares, so she created him. 

But over time, he became unstable and thus was not able to become the symbol of peace between werewolves and Nightmares. 

This made him angry for he wanted to rule both parties. His greed for power and control grew as well as his unstable power. He was soon banished in the shadows where he will never see the light again. 

However, the Moon Goddess failed to keep hold of him long term, so he was able to escape. He bears no name in his title. 

The only name he goes by is 'PaNdorA'.

To be continued~