Staying Quiet

BRYAN'S P.O.V-

I parked my car in front of my house and when I turned to my right-hand side, (y/n) wasn't there anymore.

My eyes widen and I quickly got out of the car to look for her. 'Did I leave her at the lake?! No, that's impossible, she got in the car with me! Where did she go? Don't tell me she can use magic now. Wait, magic doesn't exist. AH! STOP THINKING ABOUT USELESS THINGS!'  

I started to panic and went into the woods. Maybe she learned how to open the car door. I mean, she is quite smart but I would have heard the door open. Right?

STELLA'S P.O.V-

I was just strolling around the woods with Violet and Owen until I picked up a familiar scent of a human that was always on (y/n). 'Wait...don't tell me he..'  My eyes widen when he was approaching closer. 

"Guys! Hide!", I quickly warned them to hide and they ran off and so did I. We got to the nearest bushes and hid there while a young adult male trots to where we were before. 

He kept calling out (y/n)'s name as if he was searching for her. 'Did something happen to her?'  I started to worry, but I remained still to not to alert the human who goes by Bryan if I can remember correctly. 

After about a couple of minutes, he moved on and went deeper into the woods. At this rate, he's going to get lost. Violet, Owen, and I got out of the bushes once the cost was clear.

"Um, is he Bryan?", Violet asked as she stares at the direction Bryan trotted off to. "I believe so. But why was he calling for (y/n)? Did something happen to her?", Owen asked. I nodded my head and looked at the both of them. 

"I'll go look for (y/n). You two follow him before he gets himself lost in these woods, it's getting dark", I told them what to do and they ran off to find Bryan and keep an eye on him. 

Now it's time to find (y/n).

READER'S P.O.V-

I somehow made it back, but the lights weren't on. 'Uh oh, Bryan is looking for me, isn't he?'  I swore at myself and ran into the woods, he most likely went in there. 

I suddenly felt a jolt of pain at my side again the moment I started to run. 'Ah shit, I forgot that I  got hurt...'  I mentally sighed and forced myself to go slower again. 

'The Erak was ranked 8. Bryan never attracted that kind of rank before. Is it getting worse?'  All my life, he only ever attracted ranks that were 5 or less. Never more than that and to think he attracted a rank 8 is crazy!

I entered the woods and soon enough, I see a running Stella towards me with panic clear as day on her face. "Stella? What's wrong?", I made my way towards her but not that I went far, she did the rest for me. 

"What the hell happened to you?! Your human just went into the forest with nothing on him, trying to find you!", she tells me in a hurry. "Shit", I was about to run ahead until and stepped on my tail. "Ow! What the hell?!", I hissed at her and turned around to face her. 

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what the hell happened to you since your injured", she huffs and glares at me. I sighed in defeat and told her what happens as well as my growing concern about this sudden increase of attraction towards higher ranked Nightmares. 

"Hm, he must be 'Mylor Born'", she said. "Mylor? Isn't that a place or something?", I tilted my head in confusion. 

"It is a place. Mylor is a civil parish in Cornwall located in England. Our werewolf history with humans actually began there. A 'Mylor Born' is a human that is cursed at birth to attract all sorts of Nightmares, low to high rank and we call them 'Mylor Born' because the firstborn human who was cursed was in Mylor, Cornwall, then history continues. Often times, they don't really live that long. The longest human to ever live with that curse was up to 20 years old. Your human is the first to live so long. ", she tells me. 

I have never heard of a 'Mylor Born' before, but I guess it fits Bryan's problem. I slowly nodded, trying to absorb the new knowledge I gained right now. "I see", was all I said. "You best hurry to your human. He's quite worried about you and its pretty dark now. But how are you going to explain about your disappearance?", she asked. 

I shook my head and said, "I don't know. I just hope he just let it slide or something." Stella nods and leads me towards Bryan. Apparently, Owen and Violet are keeping an eye on him so he wouldn't get himself killed. 

BRYAN'S P.O.V-

It was pretty late out now, but I still haven't found (y/n). Maybe she was never in the forest in the first place. I turned around, ready to head back until I realized that I wandered off too far. Crap...

I felt panic rise in me and I did everything in my power to calm myself down. 'It's okay Bryan. You can find your way out. You're smart!'  I tried giving myself some confidence, but I failed horribly. 'Goddammit, I'm an actor with a brain! Not a flippin hunter!' 

I sighed and tried to go back to where I came from. As I kept walking, I heard something move and I jumped from surprise. I didn't dare to move a muscle and felt fear crawling up my spine.

After about a couple of seconds, something jumps out of the bushes and I screamed for my life. 

I tried to run, but I end up tripping and falling. "Ow...", I groaned in pain and turned around to see (y/n)'s face. "Holy shit you scared me!", I yelled at her and she slightly backed away in shame. 

I sighed and started to pet her. "It's alright girl", I said and I look to see dry blood from her side. "What happen to you?!", I quickly went to her side to inspect it. It looked like something scratched her. A bear maybe?

She whines and slightly moves away, preventing me from seeing the wound. "Come on girl. Let me see so I can help", I told her. She doesn't move for a while and after about a couple of minutes passed, she finally turns back for me to see. 

I took another look and my eyebrow moved in closer to each other from worry and confusion. 'How did she find me? Where did she go? How did she get out of the car without me noticing? Who or what hurt her?' 

All these questions started to plague my mind. I heard a bark coming from (y/n) and I looked back up to face her. I stood up and pet her once more. "Let's go home and take a better look, it's too dark out here", I said and she gives me a slight nod. 

For now, I'll worry about her injury and then I'll start questioning things. Well, not like anyone can answer me in the first place. 

To be continued~