Torn Apart

WARNING: Will be depressing and there will be some mild blood/gore!

READER'S P.O.V-

Today I decided to do something different. I'm not going to go out and meet Bryan as his bodyguard. Instead, I decided to meet my father and ask him some question about my ancestors. 

I asked Owen, Violet, and Stella to look after Bryan while I'm away. 

As I trotted out into the forest, questions kept popping into my head. 'Who were they? Were they important? Why is kept a secret? Is there something I shouldn't know?'  So many questions yet there isn't a single answer to go with it. 

After walking for some time, I finally arrived at my pack and marched my way towards my father. I saw him laying down on the soft grass as he takes a nice sunbathe. 

"Is there something you need (y/n)?", he spoke up as soon as I sat next to him. His eyes remained closed as he spoke. "Yes actually. I need some answers about my ancestors", I said and his eyes finally opened. 

I heard him sigh as he sat up and faced me. "Who were they?", I asked my first question and he didn't hesitate to answer. 

"They were very special. They were so special that some people even worship them as gods. When the first werewolves were created to protect humanity against the Nightmares, they were blessed by the Moon Goddess herself. The one who made us. The first werewolves are your ancestors and swore protectors of humans."

My jaws dropped from shock. I had a feeling they were important but I didn't think that they were THAT important. 

"Legends say that a child would be born with the marking of the Moon Goddess herself. However, that child might suffer a great fate upon their path and make hard choices as they go", he continues to speak. "But that's a legend, no?", I asked and tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"Not all legends are fake or bedtime stories. This legend is true. When I met your mother, she was the last person alive to be related to the first werewolf kind. One night when you were still in her stomach, she had a vision of the marking of the Moon Goddess on you. You were the fated child that would be blessed and cursed."

I didn't know what to say. I was so confused and shocked by all of this newfound information and I didn't think I would get it so easily. 

I figured that the information might be heavy, but I sure wasn't expecting this. "I know your lost and confused right now, but it's just how it is. I know I can't take away your problems nor pain, but know that I'm right here when you need help along the way", he gives me a small pained smile. 

He knows what kind of suffering I have to go through I can feel it coming towards me like a hurricane. It's only a matter of time before I face things I wish I never have to face. 

"Thank you dad", I gave him a hug and he hugs back which was rare for him to do. 

"(y/n)!", I heard my name from behind. It sounded like Owen. As I turned around, it seemed like I was right. 

Owen was running towards me with horror and fear written all over his face. "Owen? What's wrong?", I asked in worry as I made my way towards him as quick as possible. "It's Bryan! He's in trouble!", Owen said in a hurry. 

My eyes widen and I felt dread entering my heart. "What do you mean? Where is the boy?", my father stood behind me, his face was stern and stiff. 

"A rank 10 Nightmare appeared not too far from the studio. We had to lure it behind the building so Bryan doesn't see and none of us could properly use our illusions because it keeps preventing us!", he said in fear.