NINE

BECCA'S POV

I wake up abruptly due to a phone call from Toni. "Hello?" I ask. "Becca! How are you? My favourite employee."

I roll my eyes, "Shut up Toni. Get to the point, it's early.Toni, I swear that I'm about to put this phone down in five seconds. Five, Four, Three, Two..Two..Two..Two..Two-"

Toni cut me off, "Oh! I need you to come fill in for Amy. She's sick, I need you to play some piano and sing for me,please hun?"

I sigh, "What? Did she just supposedly get the tummy bug?" "Yes, I need you here within the next hour." "Sure thing buddy."

-At Toni's-

I am currently setting up the stage for my performance with both my earphones in my ears.

JAYDEN'S POV

Ty and I are currently eating pizza. I see ponytail on stage, I was going to go up to her but I thought rather not. This time she has both her earphones in, usually she just wears the one. I then watch as she sets up the stage.

As soon as she started singing I didn't expect her voice to sound so beautiful. I enjoyed every moment of her singing. She sang another two songs.

Her performance was almost perfect. It got ruined when I got distracted by a little irrit behind me.

I kick his shin as I watch him laugh in amusement.

BECCA'S POV

I see Jayden as I walk off stage, I then give him a small smile.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Toni clapping and crying hysterically. Tyler furrowed his eyebrows while staring at Toni, "I know she's good, but that's that's bit to dramatic."

I hit his shoulder gently as I walk past him, "Shut up, Toni." I start drinking my water.

Next thing I know, Toni slipped and fell. I start to choke on my water from laughter. "Toni, are you okay? Please get up and sort yourself out. For my sake, at least." He then gets up. I take my things, "Toni, I'm going home now." He chuckles, "What? Are you going to sleep now?" I nod.

I then take my ice-coffee and I smile at all the people who are smiling at me for my performance. I walk to my car and put my ice-coffee on the roof of the car while I sort my life out. I then turn around.

"Hey ponytail." I smirk, "Jayden." He smirks, "Clearly, you've got the future talents and characteristics for my future wife one day." He winks.

I fold my arms, "Oh yeah, like what?" He chuckles and smirks, "Well, that singing voice of yours will sing me to sleep at night with you in my arms."

I roll my eyes, grab my ice-coffee and get inside my car. He closes the door. He then taps his finger on my window. I roll my eyes and roll down the window.

He then crouches down to be eye level with me and rests his elbows on my window frame.

He smirks, "You know ponytail, if you keep rolling your eyes it'll roll back." I smirk, "Well then, I guess you won't be looking into my beautufil eyes. What a shame." He smiles, "I guess I'll be doomed then."

I smile, "Bye Jayden." He stands up, "Bye ponytail."

ZOEY'S POV

I went to the library and as soon as I got home I see Mr and Mrs Wright seated in my living room.

I look at my dad and Mr Wright, they both have blotchy red eyes. I avert my gaze to my mother and Mrs Wright, who are crying.

I am so confused as to what's going on. I ask slowly, "What's happening?" My mom cries harder.

Mrs Wright says between sniffles, "Zoey dear, I think you need to sit down."

I sit down and I wait patiently before saying. "You guys are scaring me. What's going on?" Mr Wright stares at me, "Zoey, we're first going to need you to calm down."

Even though my heart was beating so fast, he calmed me.

My dad said slowly, pain evident in his voice. "Zoey, we're not your real parents. We've been adopting you since you were a baby." My mom stares at me, "Zoey, we love you so much. We never meant to lie to you all these years."

Wait. WHAT?!

I start hyperventilating as the information is hitting me all at once.

"H-how is this even possible?"

Tori starts tearing up. "Zoey, I fell pregnant with you when I was seventeen years old. I promise your father and I wanted to keep you. But my parents practically forced us to sign you up for adoption. We made sure that you were safe."

I started crying even harder.

My head is pounding. Confusion, betrayal, anger, frustration, sadness and guilt are all somehow wrapped up into some sort of relief ball. Then it's scattered and broken up again as I hear the truth unfold.

To be completely honest, I'm not exactly sure what to feel right now.