Wake Up!

Roman's POV

It's been a few days since Virgil passed out and he hasn't awoken. I claimed to be his brother soi could get in to see him. No has visited him because no one but me knows where he is.

Logan walks in. I get up from holding Virgil's hand. "What are you doing here?" I snap.

He adjusts his tie. "Look we got drunk and we made a mistake but don't pin it all on me you as much in the wrong as me." He says walking handing me my guitar. I look at him questionably. "Play him a song he likes your singing," Logan says walking off.

"Wait," I say stopping him in the door.

"Yes?"

"How'd you know he likes my singing?" I ask.

"Patton tells me about how much he gushes over you." He says continuing out the door.

I think of a song and think of the perfect one. I start strumming.

"Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons were made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone
You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I breakthrough
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, 'Please don't leave me'."

I start tearing up but push them back.

"Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you"

The tears continue to threaten to spill as I keep singing.

"Long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Driving a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading
Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones
They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
They pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, 'Please don't leave me'."

The tears spill.

"Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you"

I look over and see a nurse watching me in the doorway smiling sadly.

"I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
I just wanna take you home
Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you"

I fade out and let release. I start bawling my eyes out. "I love you Virgil don't leave me!" I scream.

The nurse comes and helps me up. I quickly hugged her and she reluctantly wraps her arms around me. "I'm guessing your not his brother?"

"Don't make me leave." I cry out.

"I won't I won't I'll keep it a secret." She promises and rubs my back. "Is he your boyfriend?" She asks letting go of me.

"Y-yes," I say looking at him. I go up to the bed and hold his hand.

"Well, he lost a lot of blood so we don't know exactly how bad of damage that did and we'll have to do some tests to see if he needs a blood transfusion." She says putting her hand out. "I'm Nurse Amy and we'll need some consent from the parents if you can give this to them that'll be great." She says handing me some consent forms. I nod and look back at Virgil.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps like nothing can hurt him. "I will never let anyone hurt you again," I say rubbing circles into his hand. I feel him grip my hand. "Nurse! Nurse! Come here!" I say running to the door.

She comes running and goes to check his machines. "What seems to be the problem?" She asks looking back at me.

"He squeezed my hand!" I say jumping up and down.

She frowns. "That's just an involuntary response." She says. "I'm sorry kid but you should go home and give the parents the consent forms." She says ushering me out.

I reluctantly step out and start walking home.

I get home and go take a shower and changes my clothes. Auntie sees me walk down the stairs. "Where've you been Roman?" She asks concerned.

"Virgil's in the hospital and I've been with him and his mom is a jerk and she probably won't sign these consent forms and I'm scared that he'll die and..." I rant crying into Aunties' shoulder.

"Shh...baby it's okay." She says petting my hair. "I'll get her to sign it she says stomping out the door with me close behind. We get into our car and drive to Virgil's house.

She grabs the forms and walks up to the door knocking on it. Ansia answers the door. I see them talking and that slowly turn to arguing and then she finally signs them. Auntie comes back. "Here she says handing me the papers and driving me back home.

"What are we doing here?" I ask confused.

"Pack a duffle bag you're staying with Virgil." I look at Auntie and nod running indoors. I run up to my room and will a duffle bag full of clothes and toiletries. I run back downstairs and into the car.

Auntie drives us to the hospital. "Tell him to get well soon from Auntie." I smiled and ran giving Auntie a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you live you!" I say running into the hospital and into the elevator. Once it hits the third floor I run to Virgil's room to see people running quickly in and out. "What's happening?" I try asking people bit they ignore me. I see Amy rush by. "Amy, what's happening?"

She smiles sadly at me. "You have the consent forms?" She asks and I hand them to her she nods and rushes off again.