First Rehearsal

Virgil's POV
"Pa-Patton d-did you see that or am I going insane?" I asked placing a hand where Roman had kissed my cheek.

"What kiddo? Oh yeah, he kissed you." Patton says acting uninterested. I could see he was suppressing a squeal.

What the hell was that guy thinking?! He just kissed me! I mean it must've been payback for the other day in P.E. but still, it was so random.

Roman's POV,
I walked out of the Art Room confidently but once I was outside the door I started freaking out. 'Why did I kiss him?!' I start debating in my mind.

My battle with my choices makes me not pay attention to my surroundings and I run into my theater friend Starr. I fall to the ground. "Oh my goodness Roman I am so sorry are you okay?"

I shake the thoughts out of my head and look up at them and smile. "Yes, Starr I am okay thank you." They pull me up.

"Are you okay what happened?" They ask concerned. They help pick up some of my binders.

"Just thinking," I say smiling a little.

"Whos the lucky guy?" Starr asks smirking.

I look at my phone and act like I'm checking a text. "Oh sorry, Starr my mom needs me goodbye," I say running off.

Virgil's POV
The next day Patton drives me to school. "Ready for rehearsals?" Patton asks parking the car.

"No why do I have to come here before school starts?" I whine closing my eyes.

"Don't start Virge we're here to open your eyes," Patton says opening the door and going around to pull me out.

"But it's four in the morning! I just went to sleep like two hours ago." I say getting out of the car.

He just rolls his eyes and we walk into the school and head to the auditorium. "What part did you get?"

"I got Capulet," Patton says grinning.

"My...dad?" I ask frowning. He nods. Great my big brothers my father. When we get there the teacher greets us and puts us in pairs to rehearse. She put me and Roman in a group. "Wanna go to the art room to rehearse for more privacy?" I ask grabbing my script.

"Yeah sure." He says leading us to the art room. "Want to pick a place to rehearse in the script?" He asks.

I nod my head and look through the pages. "Ugh I don't want to look through the pages first I'll just close my eyes and choose one," I say closing my eyes and flipping the pages. "Here," I say opening my eyes.

Roman looks at the page and reads a little. "Are you sure Virgil?" I nod my head not reading beforehand. "Okay." He says taking my hand. 

Roman's POV
I begin by taking his hand. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand. To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss."

He quickly pulls his hand away. "Not this scene."

I smile at him. "Okay, my turn to close my eyes and pick," I say closing my eyes and flipping the pages. I look at it and we begin rehearsing.
----
"I know we'll have to do the kissing scene soon but I just want to wait until it's almost show time. Virgil says looking at his feet.

I just smile and pull him closer. "Can I show you something." He nods looking down. I lift his head up and pull us closer together until our lips almost touch then I put a finger between our lips and connect them.

He tenses up and freezes then seconds later hastily pulls away. He looks down and rushes out of the room.

I made a mistake I realize and run after him. "Virgil wait I'm sorry!" I yell after him.

Virgil's POV
I hear him yell after me but all I can think to do is run and find Patton. I find him talking to Logan in the hall and I grab him running to the nearest classroom and locking it.

"Woah are you okay what's wrong Virgey?" Patton asks rubbing my back and he sees my breathing is irregular.

He takes my hand. "Hey kiddo it's okay just listen to me." He says placing my hand on his chest. "Okay just listen to me Virgil can you do that?" I nod slightly. "Okay follow my breathing." He says breathing as slow and steady as he can. I follow it and eventually my breathing is normal.

"Thank you, Patton," I say crying into his shoulder. "Sorry for c-crying," I say hugging him.

"It's fine kiddo now what happened," Patton asks hugging me back.

"Roman he k-kissed me on the lips w-well it was more of a theatre kiss b-but I'm freaking out," I say letting go of Patton.

"It's fine," Patton says storming out.

"Where are you going?"

"Talk to him I know he knew you weren't ready," Patton yells over his shoulder.

"What?" I yelled running after him. I stop when I see Patton has Roman pinned to the wall. This is the first time I saw Patton like this I realize he's really protective of me.