Never Waking Up

It's been three weeks since Virgil coded and he still hasn't awoken yet. "I'm sorry but I'd start expecting the worst," Amy says to me with a sad look in her eyes.

They did a blood transfer but he still hadn't come to. "No! I'm never giving up on him!" I say grabbing my guitar. I've been playing to him every single day. I kiss his forehead. "Please, Virge stay with me," I start playing the beginning of Defying Gravity and start singing.

Once I am done I hold his hand and start talking to him. "Remember when we first sang that?" I ask smiling at him. "That's when we got casted in Romeo and Juliet together." I lean over and kiss him. "The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death." I say chuckling then I lean over and kiss him. "Remember that?"

Patton at this time knew and he was with me at the hospital with me always. He walks in. "Roman, what're you doing?"

I look up and blush. "Kissing your brother?" I say it sounding like a question.

He smiles at me. "Not a farewell kiss I hope?"

"Oh absolutely not," I say grabbing my guitar "Want to sing to him?" He shakes his head. "Okay," I said putting it down. I grab Virgil's hand and kiss it. "I'm going to grab something to eat my love," I say leaving his room and heading to the cafeteria.

I see Logan in the cafeteria. "Hey," I say sitting with him.

"Hello, have you been here instead of school?" He asks sounding actually concerned.

"Um yeah, the teachers have been keeping me up on everything by filming the sessions and sending the homework to me with the recordings," I explain.

He nods. "I see." We sit in silence for what seems like hours but only really minutes.

"Thank you," I say breaking the silence.

"For what?" He asks confused.

"For helping me realize I could never want or love someone like I do Virgil. Thank you for telling Patton about everything. And thank you for bringing my guitar." I say smiling down at my hands.

"Oh..." He's speechless.

'He's never speechless.' I think to myself looking at him.

"...well you're very welcome Roman." He says smiling with his eyes.

I smile back. "But I need some help... I have an issue." I say looking back at my hands. I begin before he can protest or answer. "I love Virgil and you know this but he doesn't love me especially now what do I do?" I ask looking up pleadingly.

He looks at me questionably. "I'm not very good at emotions why not go ask Patton?"

"He'll be like 'I knew it!' Or 'Finally, you admit it!' Basically, he'll go off track and he's his brother I feel like that's slightly embarrassing." I admit.

"Well what little I read about love it seems to me Virgil has at least attracted feeling towards you even if small," Logan says trying his hardest to keep up with emotions.

"But what if it's wrong and he doesn't?" I ask worriedly.

"What do you usually do if you like someone?"

"Grand gesture," I say almost immediately.

"Well then do that if he wakes up," Logan says getting up to leave.

"Wait," I snap at him. He turns back to me. "You mean when correct?" I say through gritted teeth.

"Uh yeah when sorry." He says leaving.

I get up and head back to Virgil's room. "How's he doing Patton?" I asked placing a hand on his tense shoulders.

He looks up at me and gives me a sorrowful smile. "Better I think?" He says putting his face into his hands. "I miss him, Roman," He cries.

I pull Patton into a hug. "It'll be okay Patt he'll be okay," I say rubbing his back. He sobs into my shoulder.

I look over Patton's shoulder and look at Virgil smiling at him sadly.

"Roman?" Patton asks. I pull away.

"Yes, Patton?" I asked looking away from Virgil.

"Do you miss him?" He asks sitting back down.

"More than you know," I say going back to rubbing his shoulders.

I go and sit in a chair and eventually drift off to sleep.

"Roman?" I hear a hoarse voice call. I look and see Virgil awake I rub my eyes but he doesn't leave. "What are you looking at?"

I smile and jump up rushing to him. I wrap my arms around him. "I missed you so much!" I yell.

"Why? It's not like I was gone for more than a week." Virgil says and I pull away frowning at him. "Only a week right? Like normal?"

I shake my head. "Virgil! You're awake" Patton screeches rushing towards him and wrapping him in a bear hug.

Virgil smiles. "I'm awake."