Give it out

The drive was endless it seemed, sitting in a car with the most despised person was never going to be fun. You weren't going to have tons to discuss; you wouldn't play cute little travel games or sing along to the radio.

He didn't even let me use the restroom; we flew through the night in a rush to rushing to wherever it was Kenny was going. Pulling up in the dark, I was shocked to see the same cabin Evan took me to on our trip. Did he really have no clue I had been there before?

"You're an idiot." I said slowly jumping out of the car in the thick of nature, snow up to my knees practically.

"Look familiar?" He asked pulling out a bag from the back. "I know he took you here, he hasn't a clue to look here, I know my brother." He said grabbing my arm and heading inside.

"If you say so, better odds if you ask me." I said breathing in the familiar pine smell. The warmth soothing my cold skin. I pulled my jacket off glad to be out of the nasty fabric.

"He'll be to late anyways." He said flicking on the light. Kenny looked around growing silent taking in everything. I wondered if this was his first time coming back. Or if he had been there at all, I was sure Evan said it was his Mother's cabin and part of the family.

"What are you going to kill me?" I asked eyeballing him a dirty look creeping across my face.

"I don't need to kill you, do I look that pathetic?" He asked locking up the door.

"Pretty much, I don't know what you think you're doing, but it's not going to work." I said sitting down. "Could I at least take a shower?"

"We both need one." He said nodding his head. I laughed finding Kenny amusing, he was nuts.

"Are you seriously losing your mind?"

"If you want a shower then you will shower. You think I'm stupid enough to let you run around by yourself?" He asked pulling his shirt off and belt.

"And little fact for you I can stay up for days." He winked dropping his pants. I looked away debating on just living with the nasty blood and gore. I could find a way to make it work.

"You're sick." I said standing up.

"At least I'm allowing you to shower." He said heading into the bathroom in his shorts. I contemplated how many whacks it would take to crack open Kenny's skull with the shower rod. If I had it in me to bash his face in, could I defeat him that easily? Or would he really lose it if I attacked him?

I kicked each boots across the floor in a huff, dropping my pants feeling Kenny watch my every move. I closed my eyes pulling my top over my head tossing it on the floor.

"I refuse to get naked in your presence." I said standing in my bra and underwear. Kenny shrugged starting up the shower.

"Don't try anything funny and we should be good." He said dropping his shorts and stepping in. I hesitated wondering how long one could survive in the cold, it wasn't going to happen. Before I was halfway down the driveway, he would have caught me.

Kenny moved out of my way to let me rinse off the debris from his massacre, I sighed at the hot water hitting my skin letting me relax a bit, lathering up with a bar of soap enjoying every bubble that cleaned my skin.

"What?" I asked looking up at Kenny's changed expression, his face no longer hard and angry. His eyes showed a glimpse of his old self as he watched me.

"Nothing, hurry up."

"I want to hate you really I do, but I just can't" I said staring at him as I rinsed my hair out.

"There's not much I can do to change that." He said.

"Don't do this anymore."

"Your lame." He said cutting off the shower in a huff. "And don't try to talk me into being the nice guy, you know I'm not." He said stepping out.

"I know that you are, your weak you're not this evil guy you think you have to be right now. Evan has faith in you Kenny, he trust you will do what's right." I said grabbing a towel from him.

"That's over now, we all know that. And stop it's not about you or him. It's what needs to happen." He said dressing himself. I wrapped the towel around me wondering what I was going to wear, following him out of the bathroom.

"I don't want to ruin him I just want out. It sucks but that's life." He said morphing back to cold calculated Kenny. He tossed me a bag with sweatpants and a tank top in it.

"And I don't blame you for that, I would want out too, after all you guys been through. But what can I possibly do to help that happen?" I said finally dressed coming to sit down.

"Call me crazy but ever since we were kids we were told old stories about these women who fell into your life that could change the way everything was, give you all you wanted. Protect you from everything, and that's exactly what Evan found. It makes sense." He said sitting down across from me really trying to convince me this was normal. I didn't have a clue if he knew what he was saying, I never heard about these stories, and Evan never mentioned a thing.

"How would that happen?" I asked bringing my feet up to obtain warmth.

"You did that for Evan by being with him." He said. I furrowed my brow in shock.

"But that's because I love him, I don't love you Kenny, and I don't think faking something is going to turn out the same for you." I said shaking my head. Kenny sighed.

"I'll only know if I try, I don't want to have to be that monster, but what if in some weird way it works?" He asked sitting forward. "What if you and Evan don't work and Carlo is right? What if deep down you and me could have it all, I see that side of you all the time. You're a lot like me."

I sat confused looking blankly at Kenny and his crazy thinking.

"I don't love you. It's not going to work; you can't force me to be with you." I said crossing my arms.

"Even to save my brother?" He asked.

"Even that, I can do what I need to for Evan. I won't hurt him and I know that for sure."

"We are from Carlo all of us, Carlo is evil Evan is part of that and you're going to slowly come to realize the right thing to do is get rid of him, like it or not Eve." He said rubbing his hands together, trying his hardest to convince me that I was the wrong one.

"And so why would you be any different then Evan?" I asked confused.

"Because me and you both know how to manipulate people, you're just as good at it as I am. We'd work well together if only." He said looking away from me. I stared at Kenny stunned. All of it finally clicking in my head, the room seemed to freeze as all of it made sense.

"And you need me to sleep with you, you can't make me. I have to be willing. That's why you were so upset when I accused you." I said sitting up in awe.

Kenny kept his gaze away knowing I won, there was nothing he could do but hope I would want him as much as I wanted Evan. If I wanted him then Evan lost his lock and it then became Kenny's hold.

"Wow you're foolish, that's never going to happen." I said pleased knowing there wasn't much Kenny could do to get what he wanted. Marcus' wish to protect me was holding true, there wasn't much that could affect me.

Kenny sighed looking off; I lay down on the couch knowing it was going to be awhile before things changed. I wasn't going to be the crazy Eve that would only get me in trouble. I was going to be patient and wait for something to give.