Chapter XLVIII: Tell me

Author's note: I would like to thank idioticraic for making our new book cover. Now, I'm more inspired to keep on writing about Zaunea and Ricci!

Hit her up idioticraic for book cover requests, she's super kind and creative👌🏻Talk to her for specific preferences and alterations (if there are) and she'll be happy to do it for you. ❤️

_______

Z A U N E A

Shit.

You
Love, okay lang ba na nakita sa live na tumawag ako?
Hindi ka ba papagalitan?

Ricci
Yes, love?
Wala yun. Okay lang sa'kin. Okay lang ba sa'yo?

You
Okay lang syempre kaso hindi ka  ba papagalitan ng manager mo?

....

...

Nas'an na yun?

I ate dinner na while waiting for Ricci to reply while eating such conscience. They're hating on Ricci through sarcasm and God-knows-what thoughts they send out in public.

Two hours of scrolling, malamig na yung sinigang na kinakain ko pero nakatatlong subo palang ako.

"Huy, mas nabubusog ka pa ata sa cellphone. Itigil mo nga muna yan, kumain ka muna." Sabi nang Papa ko na dumaan lang.

I put my phone down and ate the rest of the plate like a vacuum so I could get back to surfing.

Ricci must be reading all these hate tweets kaya hindi sya nagrereply. Ang hirap siguro talaga nang ganung buhay 'no?

Lahat may comment. Lahat kailangan pasok sa kung pa'no ka nila nakilala. Para bang di ka pwedeng gumalaw sa paraang hindi nila gusto. Ricci's really strong to be sticking in this kind of circle.

Dealing with his family, his personal demons at mga sugo ng diablo na kung ano-anong sinasabi against him. So far, I find no reason to hate him. Not even a little bit.

Pero ganun ata talaga pag mahal mo. Mabubulag ka sa mga mali nya.

Ricci
Zaunea
Can I see you tonight?

You
Po?
We were together this morning. And you know I can't go out this late. What's wrong?

Ricci
I need you.
Oo nga pala. It's okay. Nevermind.

You
Nakakakonsensya ka naman. What happened ba?

Ricci
nothing.

You
Ricci..

Ricci
don't you dare sneak out.

You
I dare. Where are you?

Ricci
Your subdivision's park.

You
You're crazy. And you make me feel that way too.

God, Ricci. You are a sin and I'd probably end up in hell and my room with no gadgets for a month.