the begininng (1)

I am not jewish myself so I am sorry if the information is inaccurate. vocabulary credit goes to google and my background knowledge.

************

Vocabulary:

Rav- a rabbi who teaches the jewish laws.

Rabbi-teacher of the torah

Torah- i like to think of the torah as a jewish bible.

============================

Wedding bells. Bing! Bing! The bride, the now Esti Kuperman and the groom Dovid Kuperman walked on the path in the park. As the sun shone on the bride and groom rained by flowers, a distant friend, Ronit Krushka, watched as the two walked happily to their vehicle.

Ronit just happened to come back to London to see Esti and Dovid and have a small chat about life. She didn't know they were going to get married. She never got the invite. Ronit had a small but unnoticeable frown on her face. They got married, thought Ronit, without telling me. As the newlywed's car drove to their honey moon, so did Ronit, back to New York.

Esti felt something in her head. Not just pains, but also thoughts. Bad thoughts. The types that could commit a sin. A bad one.

"Dovid, it is ok if I stay home from the honey moon. I think I feel ill." Esti told Dovid. he just nodded his head with agreement and disappointment. She thought about a free life. A sinful one. Esti once Dovid took off to Scotland drove back to the park where the got wedded and went to Rav Krushka.

"What's the matter Esti?" he asked.

"I feel ill. Ill in my head." Esti replied to the rav's question.

===============================

sorry for the short chapter. hope you guys enjoyed tho.

All rights go to the naomi alderman, who wrote the original disobedience novel