here (5)

Vocabulary-

kippah-a brimless small cap usually made from cloth, is worn and required for the men of the orthodox community

+++++++++++++++++++

Ronit just arrived to London from New York. Home place home Ronit thought. She looked and observed around. The coldness and dampness of the air. The gloomy grey skies. The little chatter around the cities. The running smoke from cars and taxis. They must have it hard here Ronit once thought again. She decided to take a taxi for the sake of it. As they drove to Dovid's house, Ronit just enjoyed the nature of London, staring out the window. Each scenery moving swiftly forward. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh until they reached the house. She gave the driver about 5 USD and went on with her only and one suitcase. It's not going to be that hard.

She reached the door and saw a little slit.

"Hello?" She asked and a woman with fair skin came. She looked like a person to be in silence.

"Is Dovid here?" I asked her and just with the nod of her head, went back to the house. Once the woman exited graciously, Dovid came to the door. His little kippah on his short, brunette hair. His beard know about an inch longer from when she last saw him.

I gave him a little smile. I let out a soft laugh. "Dovid."

He did the same. "Esti." he replied back. "We weren't expecting you." A small frown appeared on Ronit's face. "You weren't?" She asked softly, but loud enough for Dovid to hear.

"Well, anyway, you are here. May you live a long life." Dovid answered back. Ronit, about to hug Dovid, then backed away. She forgot about the rule. A male cannot touch another woman unless if it's he's wife. Not even a single handshake.

"I'm sorry. I forgot." Dovid just gave her an apologetic nod and directed her to the house. She looked around.

"Do you want anything to drink?"Dovid asked suddenly. Ronit responded with a nod saying she wanted some coffee. And with that, Dovid rushed walking to the kitchen. A small child passed by her. Rude much young child? She took a quick glimpse at a photo. Looks like someone got married.