baby (7)

Esti came to her room to take a break. Seeing Esti there brought up memories. And once again, the bad thoughts. Bad ones. She just sat on her bed, hands on the mattress. All of a sudden, she hears a distant wail. Esti gets up and hovers above the crib.

"Oh baby. Don't cry. Shhhh...shhhhh." She carried up her baby, lifting the baby up and down. "Shhhhh"

Once Esti rocked the baby side to side, the baby stopped the flows of liquid and sound through its mouth. She let the baby back in the crib and came back downstairs so quietly that Ronit nor Dovid could hear her come downstairs. Once she appeared in the kitchen, she shocked the both of them slightly.

"Esti. I didn't hear you come in." Ronit calmly said. "Where did you go?"

Esti looked at Dovid once again.

"Ok? What's with the fucking eye contact? You got more to say? Things I've missed out on your guy's life?" Ronit suddenly bursts.

Esti inhales some air and breaths it out. "We have a baby. And she's been in this family for a month. Her named Dalia Kuperman." Ronit just looks at Dovid and Esti with shock and a bit of anger.

"What the hell? Why the hell do you guys not contact me on the important shit like your freakin' marriage or the birth of the damn baby?!" Ronit lets out. "You know, maybe I did break the pact, but it was for a good fucking reason. Did you guys not fuckin' know that I am an outcast of the community?"

Esti just looked at Ronit with shock, with glossy eyes on the reach.

"I'm sorry." Esti just replied to Ronit softly. "I'm so sorry."

"You know, you can keep this shit to yourself. You didn't give a fucking damn to contact me so why the hell would you apologize now?" And Ronit walked out of the house, slammed the door, and went on to her childhood house.