apology accepted (8)

Ronit faced a middle class house. A two-story house with a door and two windows displaying the front of the house. Hands in her pocket, wind blowing across her hair and scarf with the sky all grey gloomy, she walked in. The moment she walked in, it looked like a hoarder lived in here. Boxes scattered around the floor and poor lighting from the windows. She had to kick a few things in order to move.

"Holy shit. Who kept this room in order?"

Then Ronit came across a very simple and organized room. Just a bed, dresser and a folded blanket on top of the bed. The room was the color of sky blue but gloomier. Dovid must've slept here. Every weekend, he'd come to the Rav's house.

*********

"Oh, poor baby. I'm sorry." Esti held Dalia wailing. "Dovid, could you take Dalia for a sec. I want to contact Ronit." She handed Dalia over to Dovid and got the wall phone. Ring ring ring.

"Come on Ronit. Pick up." Esti talked to herself as she tried to hold contact of Ronit. Luckily, someone picked up.

"Hello? It's Ronit Krushka." said the phone from another line.

"Hey, it's Esti. BUT, before you can hang up, please listen. I'm sorry I didn't contact you about the big life events. Dovid just prevented me from contacting you. I promise, I'm telling the truth!"

Ronit, on he other line just stayed silent.

"Ok, I accept. But could you please just let me be?" Ronit breathed out on the other line. Esti just hung put and a quiet beeeeeepppp came from the phone. Ronit hung up too as the sky started to become pink and reddish.