thought it was gonna be me // b

Import a/n at the end xxx

Put my hair up, did my makeup, fifty minutes in the mirror cos' you said tonight was the night you were gonna be back in town.

You sat in front of the mirror for what felt like hours, pins holding up your hair while you perfected the makeup on your face. Finishing your look, you let your hair down, and stood back, feeling pleased with yourself after spending 50 minutes in the mirror.

You weren't usually like this when it came to going out, but tonight was the night that Blake was returning from his tour with the vamps. You were excited to see him after so long but the nerves were still there.

Little nervous, it's been a while since, the day you left and we didn't but we almost did and it's all that I could think about

You knew you had to talk about the kiss you two nearly shared the night before he left. Things got emotional and the biggest regret was not kissing him before he left. You made such an effort because you were adamant that you would pick up where you left off.

You said the band goes on tonight
You had me high on butterflies
Then I saw the girl standing by your side
Had to smile so I wouldn't cry

You took a taxi to the pub you were meant to be meeting with all his family for a homecoming celebration kind of thing. When you got there he hadn't arrived yet so you spent some time talking to his mum and sister, and some of your other friends.

Suddenly, you hear a large cheer and your eyes light up at the sight of Blake walking in, giving you instant butterflies. You watched as he greeted his family before he introduced them to someone you hadn't seen before. Your heart sunk to your boots as you realised he'd brought a girl back.

try to sneak out, felt like such a fool
You came running, said "it's so good to see you
Meet my girl, yeah I think you're gonna get along"
I had to sit there and be polite
Wanted to hate her but she's so damn nice
She made you happy, I could see in your eyes
Had to smile, so I wouldn't cry

You immediately smiled to cover up the fact that tears were threatening to spill from your eyes. You were still standing in the corner nearly 20 minutes later, in your brand new dress and to be honest you felt like an idiot. So you started to head for the door, when a voice all too familiar stopped you in your tracks.

"Hi y/n! It's so good to see you again" he said, wrapping you in a hug, "This is my girlfriend, Jessica, I really think you two will get along".

You felt sick at the thought of Blake having another girlfriend so you automatically decided that you hated her, before she rushed forward and wrapped her arms around you.

"Hi y/n! Blake's told me all about what it's like over here and I'm so excited! God, you're so pretty, we should totally do something around town" she smiled, talking to you as if she's known you for years.

Blake then returned with three drinks for all of you. You thanked him for the wine before Jessica suddenly started laughing.

"Remember when we drank this on our first date?" she giggled.

"More like spilled it down your dress, I felt awful about that for ages" he said, the two of them erupting into laughter.

You talked to them for another while, the two of them laughing and smiling, holding each others hands. You felt the lump in your throat rising and you excused yourself from the conversation before grabbing your bag and leaving.

On your walk home, your vision became blurry and you wiped the tears you didn't realise were falling. You only had yourself to blame for not making the move.

But I really thought it was gonna be me
-
Hi issa song pref! Everyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with Catherine McGrath so this is based off Thought it was gonna be me from her debut album! (Out today btw)

Also! I hate being negative but I've seen a few people copy my ideas lately n that makes me sad because I work hard on original ideas. I read literally every nhc book so I know who! Don't mind if anyone wants to take inspo just let me know pls n thank u ily ok bye -aj xxxx