Thank You... So Much.

Marks’s Point of View

I was actually pretty thankful that I had found Ruby. She looked scared out of her mind, and I had no idea if I would have been able to live with myself if I wouldn’t have found her.

“Thank you.” Ruby told me. We were in my car, and we were on our way back to everyone. I took my eyes off of the road for a minute to smile at her.

“Hey, no problem.” I said, returning my eyes back to the road.

“No, seriously. I probably would be dead by now if you wouldn’t have found me.” Ruby said, snuggling into my hoodie.

“Don’t say that.” I say, mostly because I knew that it was a real possibility.

“You know it’s true!” Ruby protests, yawning.

“Yeah, I know. Let’s just be thankful that I found you, and move on. Does that sound good?” I ask, but I was too late. Ruby had already fallen asleep, her head laying on the side of the car door. I just chuckle as I move my eyes back onto the road.

I decided to just let Ruby sleep at my place, so I didn’t have to wake her up. I mean, she’s had a long enough day as it was. Besides, I was practically falling asleep at the wheel, and I didn’t feel like driving a whole bunch tonight.

We finally arrived at my apartment complex, and I sat there for a minute, thinking about how the hell I was going to get Ruby up there without waking her up to walk herself. I just decided to carry her, which probably looked suspicious, but I didn’t really care. I just wanted to get Ruby and myself to bed.

I shut my door as quietly as possible, and walked over to the other side of the car to get Ruby. I unbuckled her seatbelt and slid my arms under her legs and back. I had to shut the door with my foot, but the rest of the trip was fairly easy. Ruby was pretty light, so I managed to get her to my apartment with ease.

I managed to open up my door fairly easy, since I had forgotten to lock it in my frantic panic to search for Ruby. But once I had gotten inside, I walked up the spiral staircase and set Ruby down on the guest bedroom bed. I made sure to tuck her in under the covers, and internally debated whether I should give her a good night kiss or not.

I decided to just do it, since no one would know about it but me.

So, I kissed Ruby on the forehead, whispered a quiet ‘Sweet Dreams’, and shut the door on my way out.

Once I was out of the room, I went into mine and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I called Pearl, who was relieved to know that Ruby was ok. I told her that she was sleeping at my place, and Pearl just told me she would come and pick her up tomorrow. She thanked me again, and told me she’d call the rest of her family. And that was the end of our conversation.

Then I called Emma, she seemed relieved as well to know that Ruby was safe. I didn’t exactly tell her that Ruby was sleeping in my guest bedroom, but we’ll cross that bridge if it ever gets there. We then said our goodnights, and I hung up.

I was super tired by then, so I decided to send out a quick tweet, telling everyone that my videos will be a little late tomorrow, and then shut my phone off. I quickly stripped out of my clothes, leaving them on the floor, and climbed into bed with only my boxers on. Once my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

I woke up that morning still feeling slightly tired. It was 11 AM, which means I had gotten 8 hours of sleep, but I still felt tired because I wasn’t used to going to bed that late, and sleeping in that late either.

I got up out of bed, stretched out, and was about halfway down the stairs when I remembered Ruby. I ran up the stairs as quickly as possible, and I quietly walked over to the guest room. Softly, I opened up the door to see her still sleeping. I smile and slowly shut the door, not wanted to disturb her. She’d had a long night, and needed the sleep.