Louis

Louis.

"Go away, Ni. You know I don't want to talk, and if I want to eat I'll come get something." I stared out the window at the skyline. I could just barely see the heart of Paris from here. The picture Victoria had drawn me was on the window sill next to me.

"I'm not Niall, but you really should eat Louis." 

My body tensed. That voice. No, there's no way that was her, no way she'd come back to me after all the shit I said to her. I turned to see Victoria standing at my door. I didn't really know what to do but stare at her. I couldn't decide whether or not she was real. I looked her over, stopping at her eyes. They were glossy and shiny, and red like she had been crying. And that's when I knew. Even though I had played this moment in my head a million times, all the words I wanted to say got twisted up in my head. I stood up and she walked to me. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. My eyes stared to tear up and so did hers. She was so close to me, not even half an inch from me. I could smell her perfume, sweet as ever. Her hand was on my cheek, her thumb wiping the tears away. She gently pulled me toward her, her eyes on mine, looking for any sign of me not wanting her kiss, until they closed and our lips touched. The way she kissed me, I've never felt before. That kiss was pure sadness, guilt, regret, an apology that didn't need any words and yet we understood perfectly. My arms wound around her waist and pulled her close. I could taste her tears and mine. Her arms wrapped around my neck, fingers tangled in my hair. It was the most perfect apology I could have ever made. But when we broke, I still felt the need to tell her how sorry I was. 

"I'm so sorry Victoria." I whispered. My lips brushed against hers when I spoke.

Her head was against my chest, face buried in my neck. 

"I'm sorry too Louis."

"I missed you." I kissed her forehead and my voice cracked from crying so much. But honestly I wasn't even embarrassed about it. I was too happy to see her again to worry about it.

She looked up at me. "I missed you too." Her eyes were so blue. If you could liquefy a sapphire, that would be the colour of her eyes right now. I lost myself in them. My hand was partly on her cheek and partly in her hair. God she is so beautiful. 

I kissed her again, sweeter, an not so sad this time. In my head I kept telling her that I loved her but I just couldn't bring myself to say it out loud. It just didn't feel like the right moment to me. 

We kissed some more until I took her hand and lead her to my bed. We laid down, on our sides, facing each other. My arm was around her, my hand on the small of her back. She told me all about what happened with Daniel and how If Madame Thoubeax hadn't of been there it could've been much worse than it was. My blood heated up at the thought of him hurting her. 

"You still see the bruise on my arm actually." she showed my her arm and I kissed it gently. 

"He's lucky I wasn't around. Or any of the guys. He wouldn't be breathing right now." I gritted my teeth. But when I looked into her eyes, the anger faded quickly. She continued to tell me about her stay and how Niall came to get her today. 

"I'm so glad you're home." I whispered.

She kissed me again and I could tell she missed me. It nearly knocked the breath out of me. We broke again and she took a deep breath. 

"I think I love you." she blurted. Her eyes got really wide like she couldn't believe she had just said that. "And I know that probably seems silly given we haven't known each other long but it's just how I feel because I feel like I've known you all my life and-" I kissed her, cutting her off. She fought it at first but then she gave in, melting beneath me. I slowly turned her over on her back, my lips never leaving hers. I was on top of her, kissing her until I had to stop. 

"I think I love you too." I said. She looked up at me, her blue eyes on mine, searching. Searching for whether or not my answer was genuine, if I really felt that way or if I was just pulling on her heart strings. I hope she could see if my eyes how much I cared about her, cause it was clear as day in hers. 

"Victoria, may I please take you out on a date tonight?"

"I would love that." she said. 

"Go get ready then."

"What time?" 

"Meet me in the common room in an hour and a half?" 

"Okay." she smiled and kissed me again before we got up and walked to the door. Before we opened the door she turned and looked up at me.

"Louis, you have my heart in your hands. It’s very fragile, so please, be careful with it okay?" 

"I plan to. And you have mine as well." 

She kissed me one more time before she opened the door and made her way to her room. I leaned against my open door frame, watching her walk to her room. All the guys were staring at me, probably because I was grinning like an idiot. I sighed and picked up my phone, dialing our event planner. 

"Hey Diane. It's Lou. I was wondering if you could make some dinner reservations for me. Somewhere good, kind of fancy. Like dress pants and a button down and tie fancy. Mhmm. 2 hours from now. Okay and we'll need a taxi for an hour and a half from now. Yes. Thank you. Oh and one more thing, could you make sure there's a single white rose on the table when we get there? Thanks Diane. You're the best." I hung up the phone and stuffed it back in my pocket. 

"You got a date tonight?" Liam asked. 

"Yeah, I do." I couldn't stop smiling. 

I went back into my room to get ready. Shower, shave, dry my hair. I pulled on some black slacks and buttoned up my red shirt. White suspenders, white tie, black blazer. I played with my hair, flipping and combing it until it was perfect. Black shoes, a little cologne. I sat in the common room and waited. There was still half an hour before I told her to be ready. 

"Looking good mate." Zayn said smiling.

"Thanks man." I looked around and noticed Niall was gone. 

"He's with her." Harry said. I could hear them laughing. The sound made me smile. "It's good to have you back, mate." Harry patted my back. 

"It's good to be back, Haz."