♥Chapter One-A Night Out-♥

Here is the first chapter, I type it on my phone so I'm sure there are mistakes I don't catch. If anyone spots any, point them out to me, KINDLY. I'm nervous to post...but here it goes! The video above is the music that starts the story out. Devil In I By Slipknot.♥

♥Jayla’s POV♥

♥Jayla’s POV♥

'Step inside, see the devil in I. Too many times we've let it come to this. Step inside, see the devil in I. You'll realize I'm not your devil anymore.'

"Ughhh, it's too early," I moan as I cancel my music alarm on my cell phone. I always wake up at six o'clock in the morning for work, and I always complain. However, owning my own bakery, For Heaven's Cakes, is completely worth the early morning wake-ups.

"Come on, Cardi, let's go make some coffee," I tell my cocker spaniel puppy. She rises off my bed yawning as she stretches, like she has the most difficult life in the world. Yeah, I'm tired too, baby girl, I think as I slip into my warm fluffy bunny slippers before walking out of my bedroom.

I walk into the kitchen to start my coffee pot and gather my breakfast things out of the refrigerator. I'm fairly predictable when it comes to breakfast; I eat the same thing for breakfast at least four times a week. Cheesy grits and scrambled eggs with Starbucks coffee. I also have a few cups throughout my workday since Starbucks is next door to my bakery. Guess you can say I'm a little obsessed. I tend to go into 'bitch mode' without my caffeine, well according to my friends.

After a shower to begin my day, I dress in my dark blue jeans, a basic black T-shirt with my black and white Jordan sneakers. A perk of owning my own business is I'm able to dress how I want at any moment. I'm not the type of woman to use a lot of makeup, like many others. My daily routine consisting of a tad of foundation, dark eyeshadow (normally) and mascara. I play up my eyes more than anything to make my bright blue eyes 'pop' out more. Not that I need any help in that area.

My long thick black hair is pulled into a French braid that goes past my shoulders. I always keep it up and out of my face at work. The struggles of having long, thick hair is unreal at times. I'm the type of woman who can wear a sexy dress and killer heels yet I will also rock a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top like it's nobody's business.

If I had to put a label on myself, it would be a pinch of a princess, part emo and a touch of tomboy with a whole lot of sass and mouth. But I hate labels, just love me for me. That's a big problem with the society today, everyone judges others and slaps nonsense labels onto an innocent person.

I glance at the clock and notice it's time to leave for work. By the time I drive to work, stop next door to Starbucks to get a venti Iced Vanilla Bean Coconut Milk Latte, I arrive exactly on time at 8:30 A.M. to open up my bakery.