♥ Chapter 8 - "My Saving Grace-♥

*I will begin each chapter with a sweet quote*

-Jayceon-

I pull into my parents driveway dreading seeing my father as a suffocating feeling creeps up my throat. I'm only here because my mama called and asked to see me today. My mama is the most important woman in my life, I will do anything for her.

After I ring the doorbell their maid, Rosie, opens the door to let me in.

"Hello, Rosie," I greet her with a nod as I slip off my shoes. "Where is my mama at?"

"Your parents are in the family room, Mr. Knight." She replies politely as she walks ahead of me to alert them of my arrival.

I first see my mama, Maggie Knight, when I walk into the family room. I haven't saw her in two weeks; I miss her. I hate being around... him. His presence alone suffocates me and brings out a hidden part of myself that I do not like.

"Mama, I have missed you so much." I tell her as I wrap my arms around her small frame. I feel something hit the pit of my stomach, she has lost at least ten pounds since I've spent time with her.

"Bullshit! If you miss your mother as you claim your do, you would have came for a visit before today." My father, Jacoby Knight, says to me as he swallows what is left of his scotch.

Man I wish he would choke on that scotch and die from lack of oxygen. I hate him with ever fiber in my body. I don't feed into his attempt to start an argument, instead I focus my attention back toward my mama.

"I have missed you my sweet boy." She tells me as I bend down to kiss her on her cheek. Her bloodshot eyes tell me that she has been up all night crying. The bags that lay slightly under her beautiful dark blue eyes show the stress that she endures daily. Normally her eyes are lighter, full of life. When he puts her through hell they appear darker, yet another sign he's been mean today. I want to take her away from this terrible life she lives.