❤ Chapter 17- Do you wanna play?♥️

“Babe, it has been three weeks since the break-in at my place

“Babe, it has been three weeks since the break-in at my place. I'm sure it's safe to return,” I tell Jayceon as I add the last touched on a princess cupcake order.

“No, Jayla, it's not up for discussion. Honey, come here and quit being mad at me.” Jayceon says, pulling me over between his legs.

I huff and look up at him since he's sitting on the counter. “What?” I bluntly ask him then purse my lips. I know I'm being childish, but I think Cardi and I will be safe alone.

“Jayla, don't be upset with me, please. Your safety is everything to me.” He tells me before pulling me even closer and hooking his legs around me.

“You're going out of town for two nights, I’ll be safe at my house. What am I supposed to do? Go to New York with you for a business meeting?” I jokingly ask him.

“Yes! Come with me, Jay. I'm not comfortable leaving you alone since that idiot destroyed your home. We're lucky Cardi hid in her secret spot or he would have killed her.”

Cardi barks and tries to jump up to Jayceon when she hears her name. I bend down to pick up my girl so I can cuddle her, but she leaps into Jayceon’s extended arms instead.

“Traitor,” I mumble then smile as I watch Jayceon play with Cardi. “Okay, I will go with you. I'll ask Menha and Zayne to keep Cardi for me. We definitely need the alone time.”

“Thank you. I just worry about you, sweetheart. You're my world, Jayla. I know you're safe with me, but anything can happen when you're alone. I would die if someone hurt you. Besides, you owe me some wild ass birthday sex.” He tries to wiggle his eyebrows but fails miserably which causes us both to laugh.

We've had sex, but only three times since the night of his birthday party. I still haven't broken out the sexy gifts I bought him. We both have been swamped with work and I've been spending time with Axel. Every time I ask him about why he was deployed so long, he changes the subject. I'm going to get to the bottom of it, sooner or later.

“Oh, don't worry, you'll definitely get it tonight!” As I lean up to kiss him the door chimes then Lily and Hayden walk in.

“This is a place of business, chill with the pda!” Hayden says before walking toward the back to open the walk-in cooler. “Ooh – strawberries! Can I eat ‘em?”