♥Chapter 15- Hidden Truth♥

Chapter 15

“The Hidden Truth”

—Jayla's POV—

“Why aren't the doctors telling us anything?” Jayceon asks, as he paces the floor of the hospital waiting room.

“I don't know, love. But I need you to keep positive. Look at me,” I tell him as I grab his face gently. “Your Mama is a strong, healthy woman. She'll be okay, I can feel it.” He only nods his head then wraps his arms around me. “I need to speak with the family of Maggie Knight.” A tired looking young man in green scrubs says, as he walks into the waiting room.

Jayceon and I speed walk to the guy and he motions for us to follow him into the hallway.

“I'm her son. What's wrong with my mom? Did she..is she gone?” Jayceon asks with fear in his voice, as his grasp on my hand becomes tighter.

“Your mother is alert and okay; stress was the reason she fainted. She's asking to see – Jayla. Afterwards you can go in to see her,” the nurse tells us both, after looking at the chart in his hand.

“Me? Why does she want to see me?” I ask out loud to no one in particular.

“I don't know, love. Jayla, thank you for being here with me.” Jayceon says as he pulls me close. “You don't know how much it means to me to have you by my side.”

“I will always be here for you, Jayceon,” I tell him before kissing his cheek.

I walk into the chilly room to see  Maggie sitting up in bed with her legs underneath her. “I'm so glad you're ok, we thought we lost you. You wanted to speak with me?” I ask her after giving her a loving hug.

“I didn't mean to startle anyone. Is Jayceon okay?” Maggie asks me, then pats the bed beside her legs wanting me to take a seat.

“He is okay, just very concerned about you. Are you feeling better?” I ask her after I sit down next to her.

“Jayla, how long have you known Khyla? Do you know her very well?” Maggie questions me, with concern etched on her face.

“I only met her this weekend, she is dating my bestfriend, Zoella. Is something wrong? Do you know Khyla?”

Suddenly, I'm very curious. Everyone, other than Zoe, recently met Khyla. So why is Jayceon's mom asking about her?

Maggie nibbles on her thumb and seems to hesitate a moment before answering. “I-I don't think so. Maybe I have just heard her name before. I j-just want to make sure she is a good person for my son to be around. By the way, thank you for bringing light into my son's life. He's a changed man since he met you.”