Chapter Sixteen

He made me feel like a teenager in love all over again. He would randomly have flowers sent to me, he takes me out on dates, and he calls and texts me throughout the day. He lit up my life. He'd given me hope that maybe someday I'd be able to have my happy ending too.

"Audrey." Daisy, the receptionist greeted me with a smile on her face. "How are you? I haven't seen you in a while. I thought you've already been seeing a new psychiatrist."

Daisy had been working here for as long as I'd been seeing my previous psychiatrist and we'd been friends since. I never forget to give her and my psychiatrist then, Cindy, Christmas gifts every year. Mrs. Keri, Cindy, and her were the only people I regularly interact with before Callum. She was a nice, stout, middle-aged woman with curly red hair who likes to gossip. I'd usually chat with her and listen to her neverending stories about people she worked with while I wait for my name to be called. That's why even when I don't interact with them, I feel like I already know them through her stories.

"I'm doing good." I smiled at her. "Is Dr. Francois in?"

"I'm sorry, hun, I believe you don't have a schedule with him today. He's done with his last patient a few minutes ago and usually at this time, he's already getting ready to go home. How about I schedule you for tomorrow?" She suggested.

"I'm not here to see him as his patient. I want to surprise him."

"Oh." Her eyes widened into two big circles.

"We're just friends." I defensively explained.

"A man as hot as Dr. Callum and a woman as beautiful as you wouldn't simply be friends." She teasingly said and shrugged. "But it's none of my business so..."

"Can I come into his office?" I asked.

"Dr. Sophie's in."

"Dr. Sophie?" My brows arched.

"The other shrink." She answered and then leaned closer to me. "You might want to watch out for her. She obviously got the hots for Dr. Callum. I mean I can't blame her, most nurses are crushing on him but Dr. Sophie's not as subtle when it comes to flirting with him."

I bit my bottom lip. I felt something I wasn't allowed to feel. Jealousy. I shouldn't be jealous as Callum and I weren't in a relationship. He's allowed to see any woman he wants to see.

I was about to turn to leave when the door to his clinic opened and a beautiful woman with brown hair came out. Callum followed behind her and they were talking and laughing about something.

"Audrey!" Callum smiled when he saw me. Lumapit siya sa akin at ipinulupot ang isang bisig niya. He gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Hey, beautiful. You didn't say you were going to come ever. What are you doing here?"

"I just want to visit you." I shrugged.

He let out a huge smile and then turned his head to Dr. Sophie. "I want you to meet Dr. Sophie Doyle, she's the new resident psychiatrist that I'm supervising."

I smiled at her. "Hi, nice to meet you."

"Sophie, this is Audrey, my girlfriend." He said.

"I'm very pleased to meet you too, Audrey." With hands folded in front of her, her red lips stretched into a perfect smile. "You are one lucky girl."

My head snapped at Callum. Did he just said what I thought he said? He look down at me with a huge proud grin on his face.

"We have to go. My girlfriend obviously can't wait for a date tonight." He said.

My brows arched up. What a cocky bastard.

"Have a good one." Dr. Sophie said and starting walking to where we were standing. She stopped in front of Callum and gave him a double Italian cheek kiss while her maroon painted finger lightly brushed on his nape. "I'll see you tomorrow."