Chapter Twenty Two

Anais and Coco's wedding was held at Hacienda Zamora. The whole venue was straight out of a fairytale. Anais looked like a princess in her beige wedding dress as she walked down the garden. There were flowers of every kind, everywhere.

Their vows for each other were a tearjerker. I cried the whole ceremony. I couldn't believe that my twin was finally getting married. They'd been inseperatable together as bestfriends since we were just kids and now I got to see them get married. He finally had his happy ending with Anais and their son. Masayang-masaya ako para kay Coco, Anais at syempre para kay Cookie.

After their wedding, they went straight to the airport. Mama and Dad gave them a ticket to New Zealand so they could spend their honeymoon there together. They promised Cookie that when they get back from the trip, they'd fly out of the country together as a family. Gusto lang nila masolo ang isa't-isa sa honeymoon nila.

Now that Coco's wedding was finally over, we could finally get back to our normal life. Wala naman akong plano magstay dito sa Pilipinas. My stay here was exhausting.

Spending one week in our house was a mental torture to me. Araw-araw kong sinusubukan iwasan ang bata dahil ayaw kong magkasakita pa kami. I didn't want any kind of interaction with him. I wanted nothing more than to get out of here and go back to California.

I peaked into the living room and saw Callum with the kid again. Isa pa itong kinakatakot ko. Habang tumatagal, nakikita kong napapalapit ang loob ni Callum sa bata. Tuwing nakikita ko si Callum palaging nakadikit sa kanya ang bata. I did not want him to grow attached to the boy. I was afraid he'd grow so attached to him that he'd communicating with him when we get back to California.

"Audrey." Callum lifted his head up, the kid sitting on his lap. I felt like a deer caught in the headlight when our gaze met. "Arthur's a quick learner. He already knows how to play Twinkle twinkle little stars. Come here! Listen to this."

"I shook my head. "I have alot of things I need to get done."

I quickly turned my back to them and went upstairs to my room. Two more days. I had to stay stay two more days and then we'd be back to our usual life. I'd already gotten the luggages ready. Inayos ko na din ang mga gamit namin ni Callum. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss this place and my family but this was for the best. For my sanity and for the kid. I wanted to forget but I wouldn't be able to habang nandito siya.

I went inside my walk in closet and started getting all my clothes so I could put them in our luggage. I'd just leave enough clothes to use for two more days.

"Ate Drey..." Mula sa labas ng closet narinig ko ang boses niya.
I shut my eyes tightly and let out a sigh. What was he doing here? Kanina lang kasama siya ni Callum.

"Ate Drey?" He called out again. I stayed in my closet, hoping he'd just go away, when I heard a loud crash in my room. Bigla akong napatakbo palabas ng closet. I saw the expensive figurine clock that I had placed on top of my vanity table now shattered on the ground. It was my favorite and I've had it since I was twelve, Dad had bought that for me for my twelfth birthday when we went to Haworth.

"What did you do?!" My voice boomed throughout the room.

"I-I'm sorry, Ate Drey..." He looked like he was about to cry. He bent down to try to pick up the pieces.

"Don't touch that baka mabubog ka pa!" I shouted and then stormed towards him. I grabbed him by the arm. "I said don't touch it! Didn't you understand what I just told you? Hindi ka ba marunong umintindi?"