Chapter Twenty

Ma and Dad were sitting on the chairs across the aisle. There were only the four of us in here and we had the business class cabin to ourselves the whole flight. We were in one of Tito Seth's commercial airplane. His family owns an airline company. When we were a little younger and we'd go on family trips abroad, we'd usually use one of Tito Seth's private jets. But since it was just Mama, Dad, Callum and I, we decided to take a commercial flight to the Philippines. I looked out of the window as the plane came to a halt. After four long years, I never thought I'd go back to this place again. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat kong maramdaman. I was excited but at the same time I was a bit scared. I didn't know what was waiting for me here.

"Audrey..." Callum, who was sitting next to me, took my hand. "Are you okay?"

I turned my head to face him and nodded. I'd finally get to see my family and friends. Iyon na lang ang iniisip ko. I didn't want to think anything else.

"They're so excited to see you, Drey." Mama smiled.

"Hindi nga makapaniwala si Coco na uuwi ka. Kanina pa ako minemessage, maya't-maya ang tanong kung malapit na ba tayo." Dad said.

We got up from our seats when the flight attendant told us that we could get off the plane now. I hesitated at first but Callum held out his hand to me. I took it and stood up. Ma and Dad gave an encouraging nod.

"Callum, we're a big family. Saka may mga bata kaya medyo magulo sa bahay. I'm just giving you a heads up." Ma said as we walked through the air bridge, her arms around Dad's arm.

"Hindi ka bisita dito. You're my daughter's husband. Ikaw ang makisama." Dad coldly shrugged.

"Nick naman." Ma scolded.

"I understand, Mr. Cordova."

"Akala ko ba Dad na?" I teasingly whispered to him. Because when Dad's not around, he calls him Dad too.

He just gave me a sideway glance and pressed his lips together, trying to stop himself for grinning like an idiot.

"What did you say, Drey?" Lumingon sa akin si Dad.

"Nothing." I shook my head.

We had our passport stamped and then we walked to the arrival area. My heart pounded like a jackhammer. For the first time in years, I could believe I was home again. The first person I saw was Cookie. He was sitting on Coco's shoulder holding up a sign that said

'Welcome Home, Audrey', obviously written by a kid and decorated with a bunch of stickers. Halos maluha ako nang makita ko sila. I ran to them and gave my twin brother a huge hug.

"Welcome home, sis." He hugged me tightly. "We all missed you."

"I missed you too." My voice was already cracking.

We quickly pulled away so I could get a look at my handsome nephew.

"Hi, Tita Drey!" The cute little boy waved at me.

"Cookie, I missed you! Halika nga dito, give Tita Drey a huge bear hug!" I told him. He climbed down his Dada's shoulder and hugged me. "You're so big already!"

"Cause Mymy makes me drink lots of milk! He said.

"Napakakulit na niyang pamangkin mo. He's like his Dada." Anais said, rolling her eyes and shaking her head.

"ANAIS!" I ran up to her and hugged her. "Finally! Magiging sisters-in-law na din tayo! I'm so excited for your wedding."

"Maid of Honor ka ah." She said.

"Of course, kaya nga ako umuwi dito." I said with a wide smile.

"Hey mister! Why are you staring at us? Don't you know it's rude to stare?" Cookie asked Callum with a frown.