Chapter Thirty Two

My legs wanted to give in as I stared at the paper. Tears dropped from my eyes to the paper I had in my hand. My abuser had my child. Alam niyang nagbunga ang pangbababoy na ginawa niya sa akin at si Arthur iyon. Mas natatakot ako ngayon para kay Arthur kaysa sa sarili ko. They had managed to get their hands on my son and who knows what they could've done to me.

"Audrey..." Callum caught me before I fell to the ground. Napayakap ako kay Callum at umiyak sa dibdib niya. He took the paper from my hand and his eyes scanned through it. His jaw suddenly clenched and so did his hand, he crumpled the paper tightly into fist.

"I will fucking kill him." He said in a silent roar.

Dad snatched the paper from his hand and read it. He had the same reaction as Mama when he saw what was written in there.

"Ibig sabihin lang nito malapit ko nang maibigay sa'yo ang hustisyang dapat na matagal mo nang nakuha. I will make them all pay, Drey. Magbabayad sila sa ginawa nila sa'yo." I could see the flare, the burning hatred in Dad's eyes as he said those words. And I knew he meant every letters in those words.

Arthur was interviewed by the investigator. Arthur sat on a chair in between Mama and Dad while the investigator sat across from them. I stood by the door with Callum behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Do you remember where Mr. Spiderman took you?" The investigator asked.

"In his house."

"What does his house look like? Can you describe it for me? Ano yung nakikita mo sa bahay?"

"It's small and it doesn't have doors like in our house. Only the bathroom and when you enter the house. The bed and the couch and the kitchen's in one room." He answered.

"Eh yung labas ng bahay? Do you remember it?" The investigator asked, writing down something on the clipboard he was holding.

"It has lots of trees and there are no other house."

"Alam mo ba kung paano pumunta doon?"

Arthur shook his head. "No. It's too far away. Like from here to Pluto far away."

"You said Mr. Spiderman has a friend? Did you hear what they talked about while his friend was there?"

"They were talking about the hero test. Sabi ni Mr. Spiderman he needs the result really, really soon."

"Why?"

"Because I need to go home."

I inhaled, trying to lighten the heaviness and anxiety in my chest. Callum hugged me tighter, resting his chin on my shoulder. He kissed my neck as if saying he was here to comfort me. I hugged the arm that was wrapped around me.

"I love you." He softly whispered.

It was clear that they were toying with us. They were trying to rattle us and it worked. It would be less scary if they asked for something, like money. Hindi katulad nito na hindi namin alam kung ano ang gusto nila mula sa amin. Takot na takot ako para sa anak ko. What if they take him away again? Nagawa na nila yun at hindi malabong magawa ulit nila.

"You're hugging me too tight, Ate Drey." He giggled as he ate his dinner. Hindi ko mapigilan ang yakapin at halik-halikan siya. I was just so happy that he was back here with us.

"Kumain ka ng madami, okay?" I brushed my fingers through his hair and kissed him on the cheek.

We sat on the dining table with our entire family present. Everyone's eyes were on us with big smiles on their faces. Callum couldn't let go of Arthur too. Ramdam ko din ang pagkamiss niya sa anak ko. He was there to help him finish his food and wipe the corners of his lips. I'd lost count of how many times he'd kissed his head.