Chapter Twenty Five

"Okay lang ba talaga sa inyo na kayo muna ang magbantay sa dalawa?" Mama looked at Callum and I.

"You don't have to worry about anything. Kami na ang bahala kay Arthur at Ronnie. Just try to enjor yourselves." Callum assured her as he stood next to me. Dad was waiting for her at the door with their suitcases, he carries Arthur in his arms while Ronnie stood next to him. The three were saying goodbye to each other and the boy was showering Dad with kisses.

"Thank you, Callum." She smiled and then turned her gaze to me. "Drey honey, take care of them, okay? Huwag mong pababayaan ang mga kapatid mo. Please be patient with them."

I quietly nodded my head. She then kissed me on the cheek and went to join Dad with Arthur and Ronnie. Sumunod kami ni Callum.

"Basta Dad, don't forget to buy me something nice." Ronnie said, throwing her arms around Dad's neck.

"Of course, makakalimutan ko ba ang baby girl namin." Dad kissed her on the side of her head. "Just don't give your Ate Drey and yur Kuya Callum a hard time and don't do anything stupid."

"Do I look like someone who'd do something stupid?" She said, looking exasperated.

"Yes." Dad flatly answered.

"We're going to be late for our flight. We need to go." Sabi ni Mama.

"Bye, Mama!" Arthur held his arms out to her.

"Oh, you! Come here. Give Mama a hug and kisses!" She pulled the boy in her arms and kissed him. Arthur gave Mama a tight hug and kissed her all over the face.

"I'm going to miss you and Daddy. How many mornings will you be gone?" the boy asked.

"Mm... fourteen mornings." Mama answered.

"That's a lot of mornings!" He exclaimed, his eyes widening. "When you went to the US you were only gone for three mornings."

"That's because Daddy and I has to take a vacation. Daddy needs to relax or else, he'll be sick." Mama explained.

"Why can't we go?" He pouted.

"Because you have school. If you come with us you'd have to miss a lot of school days. You don't want that, do you?" Mama said as she held Arthur in one arm and used her free hand to brushed he fingers through his hair.

He shook his head, his lips still pouting.

"Bibilhan ka na lang naming ng mararaming toys. Kayo ni Cookie." Dad told him before kissing him on the forehead.

"And when they get home meron ng bagong baby." Ronnie added.

"Ronnie..." Ma scolded.

"I'm just kidding." Ronnie said before wrapping her arms around Mama's waist. "I'll miss you, Mama. May birth control at condom ba kayong dala?"

"Phoenix did you hear what your daughter said?" Mama's eyes widened in horrification.

"Young lady, san mo natutunan yan?" The lines of his face formed into a deep frown.

"Ma, Dad, we had sex ed in high school. It's not like I'm five!" She rolled her eyes.

"If I found out you are sleeping with a boy..." Dad's eyes narrowed into a slit. "I will castrate that boy in front of you.

"Relax, ang puso mo." Ronnie playfully massaged Dad's shoulders and laughed. "Don't worry Dad. I'm as chaste as a nun."

"Dad, Ma let's go. You're going to be late for your flight. Baka ma traffic pa tayo." Kuya Miggy came in from the front door and lifted some of their luggages.