Any Other Night

"n-no Lanny I'm fine....yes....it's just hard for me on these nights....thanks Lanny....okay......yes okay I love you very much.....goodnight...."

I hung up the phone and sat down on the bed, rubbing my eyes after that long talk.

Lanny was my high school best friend. He decided to visit me a couple of years ago. I'm 22 now.  It's been seven years since Noah Schnapp.

Rainy, lonely nights are the hardest for me. The rain reminds me of the night were...it all happened.

Since Connor passed I've always felt lonely.

Lanny helps a lot but he could never replace Connor,,,no one could.

My eyes began to feel heavy,,,the blinks were becoming much more slow,,,I laid back drifted off into dreams.

"Y/n...y/n listen." He called out to me.

"Connor...what is it now?" I sighed.

I normally saw Connor in my dreams often his words were jumbled,,,I could never make out what he was saying. But this time,,,was different.

"No listen, Noah is still out there. He's got unfinished business. You need to tell Michael, Jeremy and Leilah about this. Y/n....he wants to kill of all you." Connor pleaded. His pail skinny hands ran through his long wavy hair.

"Connor.." I whimpered out.

"Y/n y-you're waking up! I love you,,,and be wise about how to stop him..." his voice fading away as the dream came to an end.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Shaking everywhere.

I ran to the phone and snatched it out of its stand.

"Michael. Are you there?!" I shouted.

"It's 3 am what do you want."

I told him everything he passed it onto Jeremy and Jeremy passed it onto Leilah.

We had agreed to meet up at the local coffee place by my house.

There was just one more person I'd need.

Lanny.