Chapter 3

Michael's POV

We decide to go for a walk on the beach under the stars. We walk hand in hand along the soft sand letting it squash between our toes with each step.

"You know what" Danni says looking up at me.

"What?" I ask turning around to face her. She starts looking towards the sea and I instantly know what she's thinking.

"There's no one around" he whispers and I smirk.

We leave our clothes in a pile on the beach and run hand in hand into the sea, splashing each other and jumping over the waves. She swims up to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I pull her up and she wraps her legs tightly around my waist. I stare at her. Her wet hair scraped back away from her face, her make-upless face lit up from the white glow of the moonlight. I stroke my hand over her hair and cup her face. I slowly lean in and she follows, our lips moving in sync, slowly.

She pulls away and bites her lip.

"Could you look anymore beautiful? You're killing me" I laugh and she blushes. She places her head on my shoulder and nuzzles into my neck. I rub my hands up and down her bare skin, feeling each curve, making me weak.

We get changed, making our clothes wet and face a long cold walk back to the house.

"What was that?" I ask after hearing footsteps from behind up. We whip around and she shines her torch on her phone behind us. No one to be seen.

"Maybe it was just the wind?" she offers, it wasn't, I know it wasn't.

"No, I heard footsteps" I insist and we hurry back to the house and lock ourselves in.

We get ready for the first night in this creepy house. My hands trembling, I don't know why. I feel scared, but I don't understand why. I don't want Danni to see my weakness. I don't want her to realise what I think about it here.

Danni gets unchanged and climbs into bed. I jump onto the bed and whip my clothes off and climb under the sheets.

"Socks? how?" I ask feeling her wearing socks to bed.

"My feet are cold" she answers so innocently.

"I'll fix that" I smirk and pull her socks off, rubbing her feet. We are interrupted by another loud footsteps coming from downstairs, followed by a crash.

"What the fuck!" I say and climb out of bed wrapping Danni's robe around me. I slowly walk into the long hallway, uncertain at what could follow. I creep down the creaky stairs trying to be as quiet as possible. I walk into the kitchen and grab the nearest thing - which happens to be a saucepan.

"Ffffuck" I curse after stepping on something sharp. I flick the light on the examine my bloody foot. I look at the floor to see a Vegemite jar smashed. "Why would you do that to me!" I cry looking at the Vegemite splattered al over the floor.

I clean up the Vegemite and head back upstairs. Danni sat up in bed looking curious and scared.

"It was nothing, I think the Vegemite may have just fallen off the shelf" I say trying not to worry her. She nods and gestures me to come over.

"What happened?" she says pulling my foot.

"Oh, just stood on the fucking smashed Vegemite" I curse and she picks the broken glass that was stuck in my foot out, me squirming at the removal of the glass. She gets a tissue and dabs the wet blood and wraps it in a bandage.

I don't want Danni to know what I'm thinking. After this shenanigan, I think someone is following us.