Chapter 9

Michael's POV

I close the curtains too and lock the door before we get changed for bed, just incase. I whip of my shirt, jeans and boxers and climb into bed as Danni changes.

"We are going to be alright aren't we?" Danni asks moving the duvet and climbing in. I wrap my arms around her and pull her towards me, her body moulding into mine.

"Of course we are, just some man thinking this fucking prank is funny" I say kissing her on the forehead, I can almost feel her fear through her trembling body.

Probably the first night we have slept without being disturbed by loud thuds or glass smashing. It made me feel a whole lot better about this situation. Maybe he decided to stop with all this?

I untangle myself from Dannis sleeping figure and walk downstairs to start breakfast. I rub my eyes and pad through the door when I'm yanked back by a hand covering my mouth and a knife to my throat. I try to scream but it just gets muffled by his dirty hand.

"Michael?" I hear Danni's voice creeping down the stairs. I try to scream for her to go back but I can't. I'm held stiff. I hear Danni's footsteps come closer and my heart begins to race. I hear them stop by the door then turn away and head back upstairs. Thank god.

"Don't fucking move or I will slice your fucking neck" the man says in my ear through gritted teeth. I feel his hand loosen and I bite his finger causing him move his hand.

"DANNI CALL THE POLICE NOW" I shout upstairs and run out of the door, I hear loud footsteps behind me and I run around the house. I hide behind the wall and see him run straight ahead.

My breathing rapid, my chest pumping. He spots me. He slowly walks to me and I don't know what to do, unable to run I stay still, my eyes fixated on this man. Feet away from me he pulls out the knife. His head shoots up when he hears sirens.

"This isn't over" he spits and runs in the opposite direction and jumping over the fence.

I slide my back down the wall and put my head in my hands as I try to control my breathing. Danni kneels down beside me and places her hand on my shoulder.

"What happened?" She asks a concerned look masking her emotions.

"I was going to make breakfast for us and he yanked me back and held a knife to my neck, I bit his finger and ran, thank you so much" I breathe and she smiles.

"Of course I was so scared, I saw you running and him on your tail, I thought it was the end" she stops herself, the image abducting my thoughts. I was so scared.